The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Hey everyone,

Wanted to thank everyone for their patients this year. We are doing our best to have racing going soon. Right now we are Planning to be on-Track in July.

I want to start some open conversations on how we can all work together for the 2020 season and Deal with Covid-19.
Right now some of the rules will be.
-- No spectators
-- 3 Crew max per car.
-- Online registration and Payment only
-- Tower off limits to teams. (Safe space for officials to social distance)
-- Timing is off-Limits to Team. (Safe space for Timing to social distance)
-- Masks and gloves Mandatory for Drivers meeting, Bathrooms, Tech, ECT. (In your trailer, Camper or in your car Not required)
-- Gloves suggested.

Attachments:
Untitled document (1).pdf [524.03 KiB]
Downloaded 212 times

AX-1995 Honda Civic CX FSP
RR-1995 Honda DelSol VTEC GT4
2009 Canadian Solosprint Champion.
ARMS Race Director. Race@armsinc.ca

Last edited by Joel N on Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:41 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

One question I had was about medicals, I have not looked into it, but it may be hard to get one performed, and possibly some may not want to go into a clinic at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:05 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Sounds reasonable. Hopefully tow, marshals, MRT can sort out suitable procedures and PPE to keep safe.

Will it be up to teams to sort out their own procedures and requirements for things like assisting a driver getting in the car, working on the car etc?

What do the race (and other licence) applications look like for this year? A lot of the forms from last year have ASN on them, including the medical and the general waiver.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:24 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Paul Machan wrote:
One question I had was about medicals, I have not looked into it, but it may be hard to get one performed, and possibly some may not want to go into a clinic at the moment.

Good question. We have talked about it some already. Mainly Because our rules say the medical cant be older then 6 mouth but I do not have a answer for you. Ill do my best to get one this week.

Ken MacKay wrote:
Sounds reasonable. Hopefully tow, marshals, MRT can sort out suitable procedures and PPE to keep safe.

Will it be up to teams to sort out their own procedures and requirements for things like assisting a driver getting in the car, working on the car etc?

What do the race (and other licence) applications look like for this year? A lot of the forms from last year have ASN on them, including the medical and the general waiver.

While YES it will be up to the teams to Insure they are Properly dealing with driver changes and so forth, We will have some basic rules in place. Masks and Gloves to limit transfer. Blatant disregard for this will be penalized if caught. For masks we will most likely accept: Balaclava, and Any Mask that properly covers your mouth and nose.

License Applications have already been sorted so no ASN on them, and Just the medical left the fix. (forgot to be honest) But we also now accept Medical forums that Class 1 drivers do. Links will be in a email this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

I’m curious what the logic is behind gloves being required. Gloves are intended to be changed between contacts to avoid cross contamination, instead of hand washing. Unless gloves get changed over and over again during the day, then they are no different than bare hands.

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:44 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

As someone who wears gloves every day for my job, they do wonders in discouraging you from touching your face. Got a dirty glove on? Chances are you aren't going to rub your eye or pick your nose. You'll wait til you take the glove off and wash your hands.

1999 BMW M Coupe #28 GT4 ARMS Road Racing
1995 BMW 318is #28 XS-A ARMS Autoslalom

http://www.isiautomotive.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:57 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Steve Phillips wrote:
As someone who wears gloves every day for my job, they do wonders in discouraging you from touching your face. Got a dirty glove on? Chances are you aren't going to rub your eye or pick your nose. You'll wait til you take the glove off and wash your hands.

I don’t disagree. But requiring gloves at a drivers meeting where you aren’t touching someone is weird. And unless the gloves are new, requiring them in tech is no different than bare hands - you’re just bringing contamination with you. And requiring gloves to be worn in the washroom is contrary to any public health guidance I’ve read anywhere.

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Brent O'Connor wrote:
Steve Phillips wrote:

I don’t disagree. But requiring gloves at a drivers meeting where you aren’t touching someone is weird. And unless the gloves are new, requiring them in tech is no different than bare hands - you’re just bringing contamination with you. And requiring gloves to be worn in the washroom is contrary to any public health guidance I’ve read anywhere.

Hey Brent, These were more less snow-ball ideas. Gloves in the drivers meeting and in the washroom can be optional. Gloves on while helping drivers get in and out of cars, window nets and belts would be mandatory.

Second drivers may be a issue as well. If allowed, the cars would need to be wiped down after every race.

Bathrooms need to be cleaned, First of the day, lunch time, and end of day maybe more.

I was hopeful for racing in July, but not sure yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:56 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Now that the rules are being changed and relaxed by NS Govt , we need to update our own requirements. Elliott Racing won’t be racing this year but I was wondering if I will be considered a spectator . I believe I have missed only one race weekend in the past 20 years , and it was due to a medical emergency. Sure would like to be there at what races we have this year. If you are looking for a volunteer with limited mobility I’m available.
Gerald Elliott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:10 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Gerald, you can be my crew chief! I think we can get you in.

But you make a good point.

Luckily in this case, spectators not really a big thing at AMP car races....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:54 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Offer gladly accepted. Include me in any of your test sessions as well. Many thanks .
Gerald Elliott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:59 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

The region's borders open July 3rd. How quickly can the race committee organize a race?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Dave, they already told us racing is cancelled until August at the earliest.

Maybe that could change, but it's sorta hard to backtrack once you've already put the word out. I'd personally like to get a test day or two in before the end of summer, but missing racing is not causing as much anguish for me now as it was earlier in the year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Dave Charters wrote:
The region's borders open July 3rd. How quickly can the race committee organize a race?

How quickly can ARMS do the research, draft a written plan that the province will approve, get the clubs to approve the plan, and then figure out the logistics of running the race.

Time to stop thinking about planning, and actually start planning. Given Dave, the president of FMC and race committee member, is asking the question, I can only assume the race committee doesn’t actually have a plan started yet.

It would be a real shame if the province were to raise the gathering limits to 100, and we weren’t completely ready to go.

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:22 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Only gathering i've ever seen at AMP near 100 was Tim's funeral. Its not a gathering if people are 6ft apart....I think. Gathering limit should not be a show stopper. 30 people at a drivers meeting, 6ft apart, does not qualify as a gathering as I interpret things....we can have 100 customers in line at DQ if we can keep them 6ft apart.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:24 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Trans AM not having a drivers meeting this weekend - its on paper, you sign a form at reg saying you have read the notes. FYI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:39 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Leigh Pettipas wrote:
Only gathering i've ever seen at AMP near 100 was Tim's funeral. Its not a gathering if people are 6ft apart....I think. Gathering limit should not be a show stopper. 30 people at a drivers meeting, 6ft apart, does not qualify as a gathering as I interpret things....we can have 100 customers in line at DQ if we can keep them 6ft apart.

The gathering limits apply to social, sports, arts events. Other Business isn’t effected by them, they get a separate restriction of 10 unless they can ensure distancing.

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:22 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Hey everyone, Sorry for not responding sooner. busy busy busy.... We are working on a Race Test and Tune for July 12th. We are waiting for approval on the guidelines right now. They have been sent in.
More info will be posted here this weekend and a email as well. It will be limited to 50 People.