ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:39 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

How about some NAVEX route plotting/navigation practice over the winter from the comfort of your own home?

The Venture Bound Members Motorsport Club (VBMMC) in the UK is conducting a couple of table-top rallies in 2024, and their Winter event starts on Jan. 15 and runs until Jan, 28. You receive a daily map section and route instructions via email, and all you need is a printer, a pencil and, if you're like me, an eraser. If you register for a first-year-free VBMMC membership (25 British pounds per year thereafter if you want to remain), the entry fee for the rally is 10 British Pounds. I've registered if for no other reason than to pass the cold winter days until the MX-5 gets back on the road. If enough of us register, perhaps we can have our own ARMS TTRC (Table-Top Rally Championship)? :D

Thanks to Jim Theriault for pointing me towards this. You can find more information at https://www.venturebound.co.uk/ttr or on their Facebook page.

And please accept my best wishes for a gentle and enjoyable holiday season and a successful 2024.

Gary