The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bluenose Rally 2023
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:55 pm 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Just an update on the Bluenose Navex Rally.
I have changed the route I worked on last fall to meet the early date. It is either April 21 or 22 this year.
The start will be at the Windsor Curling Club 174 Gray Street, Windsor N.S. The finish at a restaurant in Garlands Crossing.
I will provide a route for both experienced and novice crews. If you are interested we put on a school for novice crews before the start. At present the Experienced crews have 220 km. and Novice 180 km.
What is needed? A car with a driver and a navigator. Some useful items are: a pencil; a clipboard; a watch that can be set; a calculator.
The route is very scenic with views of the bay of fundy and the Annapolis Valley.
Updates will be made here as we get closer.

Post subject: Re: Bluenose Rally 2023
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:01 pm 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

The rally is now ready to run.
Start is at the Windsor Curling Club 174 Gray Street Windsor N.S.
Registration opens at 11 A.M April 22. 2023.
Car "0" Experienced starts at 1 P.M.
Car "0" Novice starts at 1:21 P.M.
The route covers 220 km Experienced and 180 km Novice. Finish is at a restaurant around 5 P.M.

Pre-Registration is preferred. either here or <Register Bluenose Car Rally> or contact me directly.

If anyone would like a full set of Supplemental regulations contact me or your club director.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:25 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

August or April?

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:46 pm 
ARMS Secretary
ARMS Secretary

As per email from the organizer:

These are the Supplementary Regulations for the Bluenose Car Rally
The rally will be held under the general competition regulations of the Canadian Association of Rally Sport (CARS) and The Rally regulations of Atlantic Region Motor Sports Inc. (ARMS). Available from the regional rally director, Malcolm Swann Atlantic@carsrally.ca
Bluenose Auto sport Club
P.O. Box 2724 DEPS, Dartmouth N.S. B2W 4R4 www.bluenoseautosport.ca
The rally is part of the Atlantic Region Navex Championship and the Bluenose Autosport Club Championship.

Route Organizer: James Partridge, 426 Town Rd. Falmouth, N.S. B0P 1P0 Email to:<jpartridge@ns.sympatico.ca> Phone 902 790 2843
Co-Organizer: Mel Smith <mel.smith@ns.sympatico.ca>

Chief Control Marshall: Brian Partridge
Registrar: Charlotte Partridge: There is an online registration form at “<Register Bluenose Car Rally>” Entry fee $ 25.00 per car Experienced and $20.00 Novice.
Route Steward: Martin Gillis
Senior Steward: TBA

Start Windsor Curling Club 174 Gray Street Windsor Nova Scotia. Take exit 6 from Highway 101. Telephone 1 902 798 4662
Finish Crossroads Restaurant Exit 5 Highway 14
Entries: Pre-registration is encouraged using the online registration form. Those who enter before noon Friday will be entered in the seeded draw for start position.
Entries will be accepted until 12:noon April 21 2023to a maximum of 20 cars.; E transfer is preferred (use password BAC2023) to treasurer@bluenoseautosport.ca Cash will be accepted until close of registration. Only 5 extra sets of instructions will be printed for entries after April 21.

Schedule: Saturday April 22 2023
11:00 Registration and Scrutinizing Opens
12:00 Introduction of Officials and Drivers’ Briefing; Registration closes
12:30 Novice Rally School starts
13:00 Car “O” Starts Experienced
13:21 Car “O” Novice Starts
17:07 Car “O” Experienced Finish
16:53 Car :O: Novice Finish
18:30 Awards presentation

Description: This event is a Regional Navex Rally, run over paved and good quality gravel roads. Speeds are kept at a maximum of 10 % below posted speed limits. Where no posting can be found the posted limit is presumed to be 80 kph. The instructions are very straightforward for the Novice class and slightly more challenging for Experienced.
All of the route can be found on topographic maps 21 A/16; 21/H 1; 21 H/2
The route is a touring format, leaving Windsor we go through Horton Landing; Canaan; Cambridge; Gaspereau; and Garlands Crossing.

Eligibility: Vehicles must be licenced and insured and possess valid Motor Vehicle Inspection as required in the province of registration.
Regional competitors must show valid current “ARMS” club membership.
Novice competitors must show a current “ARMS” membership or purchase a one day licence.($5.00)

Note: all competitors and marshals must sign CARS Rally waiver online before the start. https://bluenoseasc.speedwaiver.com/vbdye. Valid proof of Vehicle registration and Drivers’ licence must be shown at registration. Minor (under 19 in N.S.) participants (drivers and navigators) require the written permission of either parent or guardian.

Length: 213.84 total km.45.91km gravel) Experienced; and 180.72 total km. (31.95km gravel) Novice
Each competitor will start at two minute intervals.
All Checkpoints are located at the top of the minute. Scoring is done from checkpoint to checkpoint. That means if you are 2 minutes late at a checkpoint you cannot gain this back by being 2 minutes early at the next checkpoint,
Scoring: Each of the checkpoints will be timed to the minute. One Penalty Point will be assessed for each minute late to a maximum of 30 per checkpoint.
One penalty point will be assessed for each minute early to a maximum of 15 minutes per checkpoint. In order to make sure that the checkpoint crew does not wait too long for a missing crew there is a maximum lateness penalty. It is 30 minutes for the first three sections and 45 minutes for the rest of the rally, except 60 minutes at the final control. This time is accumulative from the start of the rally.
Each checkpoint will have car “0” section, distance and time available upon request.
Car “O” time will include 2 minutes time out at each checkpoint.
Missed checkpoints are assessed 30 points Missed
Exceeding maximum accumulated lateness scores 30 points Max at each CP.
Car “O” times at section ends are assuming all checkpoints are placed.

No special equipment is needed to complete the course.
Some handy equipment: pencils; paper; a watch; and a calculator.

Awards: Dash Plaques to the top three in Experienced, and Novice.

At the checkpoint one of the crew, preferably the driver, will bring the score card back and the checkpoint crew will tell them the arrival time. The competitor will put this time on the card in the appropriate space. The time out is one minute plus the remainder of the minute you check in. Example: Check in 14:22:15. Time out 14:24:00

'01 DHG Mustang Bullitt #16
'22 Golf R

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:21 am 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Thanks Ian . It is April.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:57 pm 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

The instructions are ready to be checked by the green crew.
I will be looking for a few checkpoint crews. If you want to be a part of this event but do not wish to enter, I can give you all that is needed to checkpoint. Reply here or my home email.<jpartridge@ns.sympatico.ca>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:29 am 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

I have my fingers crossed. The instructions are being checked today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:56 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Great day on Saturday for the Bluenose Navigational Rally. Thank you to the organizing club (Bluenose Autosport), Rally Master (James Partridge) ,
the large team of volunteers, and the other competitors. It was great to see everyone.

Christopher Pye and I had a great day.

I'm looking forward to the next navigational rally. For those who have never tried it, its a great way to get out and see some of the countryside.
For those that have competed in the past, I'll throw out the challenge for you to come out and try to have more fun than me.

1990 Audi 90 (Rally) / 1991 Audi Coupe Quattro
2007 Porsche Cayman / 2003 Porsche Cayenne / 1999 BMW 540i / 1985.5 Porsche 944 / 1972 Volvo 142
2010 Ford F150 (sold)/ 2002 Audi A4 (sold) / 2002 Subaru Impreza RS (sold)
2003 Subaru Impreza TS (sold) / 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i (sold) / 2002 Nissan Maxima (sold)
2014 Kawasaki KLR 650 / 1986 Yamaha SRX (sold) / 1982 Honda Ascot (sold)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:20 pm 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Thanks Jim
The winners were
Experienced
1 Jim Therault / Chris Pye 7 points
2 Fraser Murray / Libby Partridge 8 points
3 Kevin Himmelman / Cathy Partridge 10 points
4 Mitchell Parker / Greg Parker 14 points
Top Novice