ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:38 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

I'm sorry to report the GAMRR 2020, originally scheduled for Oct. 23 - 25 this year, has been cancelled/postponed. The email text from rallymaster Gary Hamilton reads:

"It is with regret that we have decided to postpone GAMRR 2020 originally scheduled for this October.

We have been monitoring the Covid 19 situation closely for a number of months and were hopeful that the situation would be more definitive by now. As much as a number of states have been re-opening some social gatherings a number of weeks ago, it now appears that some are recalling some of the openings due to an increase in cases.

Since GAMRR 2020 has many entrants from across the US and Canada the complexity of restrictions are multi-faceted.

Much of our event focuses on the social interaction including breakfasts, dinners and award ceremonies so we felt that any restriction on that would take away an important part of our event.

As well as the potential impact on the event itself, we are cognizant of the potential serious health risk to any of our entrants.

I have spoken to the Trapp Family Lodge and told them our plans are to run the event at a later date; potentially in the Spring of 2021, or in the Fall.

We greatly appreciate your patience during this challenging time.

Be Safe and be Well.
Cheers:

Gary J. Hamilton
Rally Master"

I'm gutted for Jim and Chris who were eager to go back to New England this fall to improve upon their 2nd place overall finish in 2019. Perhaps more of us can attend in 2021, assuming the USA gets their pandemic response under control and we're able to cross international borders.

Take care, stay healthy, and I hope to see you at a rally or a track event soon.

Gary