The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm 
ARMS Treasurer
ARMS Treasurer

Rule Change Guideline:
A rule change may be proposed at any time throughout the year and may come from someone in the sport, an organizer, or a BAC official.

Once a rule change proposal is made, the proposal will be reviewed by the Organizers. The proposal will then be presented at either a regular BAC meeting (informing competitors at least one week before) or a BAC Special Rally Cross meeting. There, the proposal(s) will be discussed among competitors, organizers, and club executive. A final decision of the proposal will be voted on by the members of BAC.

If the proposal is accepted, the rule change will take effect at the start of the Rally Cross season.

Process for Submission:

1. The proposal should be sent via email to the BAC Rally Cross Organizer at vp@bluenoseautosport.ca.

2. Your proposal should be worded as it should appear in the published regulations.

3. The proposal should include a concise rationale outlining the reasons why the rule change is needed.

Respectfully yours,

Cathy Partridge
BAC Vice President
BAC Rally Cross Organizer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:42 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

I plan to submit this, but I figured some discussion might be worth it first.

Quote:
[4.3 A)– Classes
a) All Wheel Drive / 4 Wheel Drive
b) Front Wheel Drive
c) Rear Wheel Drive
d) Prepared AWD / 4WD - see prep notes
e) Prepared 2WD - see prep notes

Vehicles that will compete in prepared classes:
Including (a) Race, Performance Rally prepared vehicles .(b) vehicles with other than OEM (as the vehicle in question came from the factory) drive train (engine, transmission, rear ends, etc.) and or suspension modifications, and harness. (c) vehicles that have had parts removed that cause a weight reduction(seats, carpets, headliners, air conditioning, ABS, etc..)

Reasoning:

Pretty simple. Attendance has been extremely good compared to a couple years ago, but classes have remained the same. I think there's room to split the prepared class in two. Stock is split up, but prepared just lumps it all together. There's already one prepared 2WD car with 3 entries avg per event, a couple 2WD rally cars around and others* interested in building 2WD cars. I don't foresee it being a *huge* class, but I think a few would make the jump if it existed. Enough to get a solid 5+ entries per event which is on par with stock RWD and AWD anyway. I'm proposing it as 2WD just because that's how national rules do it anyway.

*Yes, I am one of those people along with my codriver.

Alternative option to not add a class: Combine stock FWD and stock RWD to stock 2WD.

And totally out of left field option: Nix prepared, nix prep rules and just split by drivetrain. Expand spec yaris to spec crapbox to include a host of similar cars for true budget competition?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:11 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

I'm all for the last idea. Get rid of Prepared altogether. AWD/FWD/RWD. Until someone shows up with a Vermont Sports Car STI on RS&SPs I honestly don't think any car in Prepared has a particular advantage over any other car out there in its drivetrain class.

I think FWD and RWD should still be separate because those two drivetrain configurations ARE significantly different. Keeping RWD distinct would hopefully encourage competition there rather than being lumped in with 2WD cars that generally (but not always) going to do better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

You mean....... My pulleys and endlinks DIDN'T make my 2.5i a supercar?!?!?!?!

#20 Scion FR-S 6MT Powered by:
Great North Performance, Morine's Towing Performance & Off Road, Jani-King Canada and Blue Buzzard Performance Parts.

2013+14+15 Atlantic Sports Car Club Overall Autocross Champion
2013+14+15 Atlantic Region Motor Sports Overall Autocross Champion
2017-18 BAC Overall Rallycross Champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

I'm not so sure! The standings speak for themselves! You only won because we only had time to swap the alternator pulley over from the wagon! If we'd had the crank you would have been DONE! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:41 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Dave Hull wrote:
taking it to the scrap yard next week

nooo! i'm sure somebody on here would be crazy enough to give you scrap value for a rallycross car with such history.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:56 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Don't take it to the scrapyard! Rather myself or Greg would snag it I'm sure.

#20 Scion FR-S 6MT Powered by:
Great North Performance, Morine's Towing Performance & Off Road, Jani-King Canada and Blue Buzzard Performance Parts.

2013+14+15 Atlantic Sports Car Club Overall Autocross Champion
2013+14+15 Atlantic Region Motor Sports Overall Autocross Champion
2017-18 BAC Overall Rallycross Champion