ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 pm 
Saturday March 28th 3pm-6pm

Where: 4th Floor (Manulife Securities Office) of 84 Chain Lake Drive (the office building behind the Starbucks and next to the car dealership)

Light snacks/refreshments will be available.

It’s obvious that we need to do something about RallyCross in Nova Scotia. Between the venues and the unusual winter mothernature has thrown at us this year, it has made it difficult to throw together events in a short time. So let’s do something, and let’s do it right.

It will take some man-power, and planning ahead to get a 2015-2016 season together. RallyCross is not organized in a day (although it seems to appear that way!).

Let’s get together to discuss possible venues, course set-up, scoring, event dates, cost and how we’d like to see a 2015-2016 season to look. This will be the first meeting of a few, we won’t be able to achieve everything in a few hours. The purpose is to get a plan together and develop the ideas we all have.

RSVP: rally@armsinc.ca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:39 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Now this is a great idea. Hope lots of people get involved so we can keep growing this fun breed of motorsport we have around here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:45 am 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

How about performing a "one time" modification to AMP facility to allow the "back forty" to be used all year round and run the Rally cross series in the good weather so the track is less prone to thawing/freezing and can be easily repaired between events ??

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

So did anything become of this meeting? I couldn't make it unfortunately.

Do we think we'll be able to pull an event or two together in April? Or should I just post the "parts or repair" sign in the window now?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Meeting happened and was pretty productive, i think. Everybody was keen on near-term event pending the availability of venues. The only hang up was how these tentative events would work for points scoring. I think it was unanimous that nobody was overly concerned about points, and that we would rather just go out and drive.

The big thing to come out of the meeting was to identify winter/summer venues and speak with Cindy to see how we can approach the lot owners. These possible venues are not limited to HRM either, in case you had anything in mind.

So, let's all go splits on an old field and a tractor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

We've had 10 really good years with Rally X. Some snow, some rain. Every year we lost an event or two due to weather.

Then last year and this year happened! :P

I certainly wouldn't loose hope. I think this is an exception, and we should keep on the steady path. I couldn't stay for all of the meeting, but the part I was there for was productive.

Things will continue to move forward, and some new ideas have been identified.

Or if someone finds some Hough Payloaders at an auction, we could look at that too. :D

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:18 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Ian Pearce wrote:
Or if someone finds some Hough Payloaders at an auction, we could look at that too. :D

I recently looked at a unimog that could have been really helpful, but buddy had removed the PTO's, neutering it of serious snow removal. Is a piece of heavy machinery in our budget? :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:28 pm 
Dustin Chute wrote:

Do we think we'll be able to pull an event or two together in April? Or should I just post the "parts or repair" sign in the window now?

We are going to push hard to get at least a couple of events as "stand alones" during the summer. I can tell you forsure they will not be in April. Some of the venues we are looking at will require some negotiations, and those can take time. So stay tuned! I'll be sure to give plenty of notice so you can be rally ready!