ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:35 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

The AMP slalom is always my favorite and did not disappoint this year! I think the course had a good mix of elements, new and old and "flowed" really well this year. There weren't too many off courses, and I think the people who did go off knew exactly when they did. Cones on the other hand were a different story, I found it very difficult to get a clean (fast) run in. I forgot how fast AMP is and how much concentration is required. I found I was talking to myself halfway through the run just trying to remember to concentrate. The elements came at you so quick! and the stuff I usually try to do technically went out the window.

It was humbling having Brian come out and run Scott's car, I was excited to see where I'd match up against him and he did not disappoint. I can't wait to battle with him again. This being my second full year auto'xing I thought we were doing pretty well, but now i see we have much to improve upon. Scott had a bad day, no doubt about it. If you had a clean run you'd be in the 103's as well. Trevor also could have had ftd, it just came down to cones.

I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the course as much as I did, see everyone in Moncton.

Oh and yeah congrats to Devon for out paxing me again...nice run!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:13 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Ben B wrote:
Scott had a bad day, no doubt about it.

After yesterday I went back and checked, the only AMP slalom I did clean was the one where I bought the M3 the day before. 2011, 2013, 2014 all coned out. I had my rerun setup to be clean, but decided to shift coming out of turn 9 and went way too fast into the last slalom. Everything just comes up so much faster at AMP.

This years course was the most fun I've had at AMP. It was fast, decently technical and easy to follow. I really liked the 3 cone and sandcastle slaloms, they add a bit of variety even though it's the same line as a single cone slalom.

I'd like to thank Brian for driving my car and showing me what I've been leaving on the table. I didn't think it was quite that much, but now I know I've got a lot left to learn. Still doesn't stop me from wanting some hoosiers though...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Thanks again Scott for allowing me to run your car!

It's been 3 years since I ran an autoslalom and I'm sure when Scott watches some of the video he will be sitting back and laughing at me fight myself behind the wheel trying to remember how to drive around cones! All good fun, my heart was pounding and with a huge smile on my face every run I sure do miss it.

Thanks to the organizers, it was a great course and I personally know how much time and effort it takes to set up an autoslalom @ AMP and you guys did a fantastic job! A few tricky spots to keep everyone honest but overall the course flowed and I agree with Scott that with the good flow made for an easier course to remember.

I had a chance to meet alot of new people (well, new to me since I stopped 3 years ago) and the atmosphere is still the same, great people, great courses, great competition and a whole lota fun!

I'll hopefully see everyone again in 3 years :twisted:

#51 Vantage Motorsports

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 pm 
ARMS AutoSlalom Director
ARMS AutoSlalom Director

Results have been posted on the ARMS web site:

http://www.armsinc.ca/2014/09/2014-regi ... 7-results/

Championship standings have been updated:

http://www.armsinc.ca/solosport/autosla ... standings/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:55 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Aside from all the assistance with changing tires/checking pressures (thanks again Brian!), a codriver is useful for comparison. I took brian's second run (101.040+1) and my 3rd run (104 flat according to frame by frame) and splitscreened them. Unfortunately my best real run wasn't recorded so I used my 3rd where I misshifted coming out of 9 and also blew the box.

Brian is the top screen, I am the bottom. We are fairly close all the way into 3, but his line through 3 worked much better and he just kept gaining after that. I will say I was only 2 seconds behind coming out of 9, but hitting 5th instead of 3rd cost me the last second.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:08 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Another awesome event! I just wanted to keep on lapping all day there, if only there was a way to do so.

Just a minor correction (that doesn't change PAX ordering, but regardless) is that I ran with tire that had a treadwear lower than 140 for this event, so I should have been PAX'd as BSR. I don't think they did me much good though, I felt like I was driving on ice until the sun finally came out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kIYx_25dyEI

My only run that got recorded. I went of course. By my own choice. I should have hit it as it may have been a decent run.

Glad everyone seemed to like the course. We tried to but some different elements into the course this year. Cones always come up fast at amp. And aparantly I wasn't ready for them. Coned out on every run. Wish that last 102 was clean.

2012 ASCC Autoslalom 1st Place Overall
2012 1st SM ASCC
2009 ARMS AutoSlalom Top Novice
2009 1st ESP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:33 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

4th Run

Tried to push a little after i knew my 3rd run was clean. Messed up in turn 2, 5, and the sand castles.

If you watch closely you can see Evan looking for an exit as i get loose. Haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:37 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Glade everyone enjoyed the course. Thanks to Ben Brown for helping Trevor and myself do course set-up sat evening. He came up with a few of the tricks you saw out on course. Weather held out and we ended up with a good turnout. Really happy to see as many NB guys and we did, and new people.

Sorry we didnt have a drivers meeting at the end, but AMP requires a good bit of time in picking up cones, And we were down a person. Big thanks to Matt Steves for helping me pick them all up. Hope to see everyone at the next regional in NB. Should be a good one.

AX-1995 Honda Civic CX FSP
RR-1995 Honda DelSol VTEC GT4
2009 Canadian Solosprint Champion.
ARMS Race Director. Race@armsinc.ca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:56 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Scott McIntyre wrote:
If anyone finds a Rota Wheels center cap at AMP, let me know. I had one fall off my car during lapping today. :huh:

Sorry Scott, I must have sold them with the wheels after all. Found my wheel cap collection and they're not there. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

No problem Jay. Thanks for looking.

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:38 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Was it a front or back and was it left or right side that came off ??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Front driver's side.

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR