ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MJ-Timing software
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:12 pm 
For those that were asking about my (free) timing software, you can download it and try it out:
http://members.shaw.ca/MJ-Timing/mjtimi ... 07.22B.zip
Unzip into c:\mjtiming and run c:\mjtiming\bin\mjtiming.exe

If it doesn't work with your current hardware, email me at murray dot peterson at shaw.ca and I'll work with you to make it work. It currently works with MJ-Timing hardware , Race America (wired) and T-Link wireless. Also, feel free to email me any questions about how it works and/or anything else you want to know,. After I get home from vacation of course :)

The hardare is currently being used by 9 clubs in Alberta and B.C., and the software is in use by 12 clubs. The software is simple to use and extremely robust -- it has never crashed, and never lost any data (even with computer crashes). It does have a web server feature to serve up live scoring, and the scoring will also score rallyx events and team events. It also handles barcode readers if you have them.

Computer requirements for are simple: Windows XP or newer, with .NET 2.5 or newer. The lowest power netbook you can buy has enough power -- the software uses little memory and even less cpu.

For those with a good grounding in assembly and soldering skills, I also provide a complete DIY guide to building your own wireless timing system, including a wireless display sign.
http://members.shaw.ca/MJ-Timing/MJTiming-DIY.zip