ARMS Homepage
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:28 pm 
ARMS Performance Solo Director

ARMS Regional Time Attacks
Atlantic Time Attack Challenge (ATAC)

This event is sanctioned by ASN Canada FIA and will be held in accordance with the ASN Canada FIA SoloSport General Competition Rules, the 2018 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Regulations, these supplementary regulations, and any ASN Canada FIA bulletins or event supplementary bulletins.

This event will run rain or shine!

--Event Location--
Atlantic Motorsport Park

Directions: -
Take Exit 10 off Highway 102, and head into Shubenacadie (2.3km) -At the stop sign, turn hard right onto West Indian Road (watch for the sign: Indian Brook / Mill Village / McPhee's Corner) -Drive 2.6km, keep right (Look for the Motorsport Park sign) -Drive 2km, turn right onto North Salem Rd (Look for the North Salem / Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -After 2.6km, the road will change to gravel. Drive on gravel road for another 2.2km -Turn Right onto Race Track Rd (Look for the Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -Follow this road (1.2km) until you reach the Atlantic Motorsport Park gates
Check out AMP’s web site at http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com for more about AMP

--Event Officials--
Chief Organizer – Brian Partridge 
Steward - Scott Montgomerie
Clerk of the Course - Joel Nelson
Chief Registrar - Cathy Partridge/Krista Nelson
Chief Timekeeper - Bluenose Autosport Club

Fees:

$200 for Time Attack with passing all day, includes transponder rental, entry to the track and lunch.

We will also be having Lapping at $120, which covers lapping, entry and lunch.

Please note: we need 15x Time Attack entries/10 Lapping entries to run this event. Please pre register by Tuesday, June 19th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To register, please visit;

https://www.atlantictimeattack.ca/registration/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASN Canada FIA Self Tech Form is available
http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/upl ... p_Form.pdf

The following ASN Canada FIA National Regulations are available online:

National SoloSport General Competition Regulations
http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/upl ... GCR-EN.pdf

National Time Attack Regulations
http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/upl ... r27_16.pdf

--Vehicle Classification Database--
http://www.casc.on.ca/time-attack/car-classification

--Event Schedule--

0800 - Registration opens
0950 - Marshals to stands / Drivers Meeting
1000 - Time Attack Practice & Qualifying
1030 - lapping
1100 - Time Attack
1130 - lapping
1200 - Lunch/parade Lapping
1250- Marshals to stands / Drivers Meeting
1300 -Time Attack
1330 - Lapping
1400 - Time Attack
1430 - Lapping
1500 - Time Attack
1530 - Lapping
1600 - Time Attack
1630 - Lapping
1700 - End of day/results.

Schedule may change slightly

Supplementary Rules and Regulations:
1.0 These Supplementary Rules and Regulations, Supplementary Bulletins, the Event Schedule and event insurance will be posted on the official notice board.
1.1 All competitors must be a current member of an ASN Canada FIA recognized club or an SCCA recognized club. All competitors must have either a current TimeAttack/SoloSprint license (or equivalent as required by their Territory) or a current Regional/National Road Race license. These will need to be shown on request at registration.
1.2 All competitors and pit crew must sign the insurance waiver and wear the provided wrist bands at all times.
1.3 All competitors not familiar with AMP can receive a driver orientation session before driving on the track surface, by special request only, before the Drivers Meeting.
1.4 No speeding/reckless driving will be tolerated on the paved/unpaved roads leading to AMP. This applies to all competitors and their crews. If anyone is caught speeding or reckless driving the applicable driver will loose his or her fastest time of the day (second fastest time will be used for scoring)
1.5 Clerk of the course reserves the right to drop/alter sessions. If a run session is dropped for one group then all groups would drop that same run session.
1.6 Drivers Meeting - The organizer shall call all competitors to a Driver's Meeting prior to the start of the event. All competitors are required to attend this meeting. 
2.0 No passengers allowed during timed runs
2.1 Safe passing zones during practice/ instructional periods will be between turns 6 and 7 and turns 11 and 1. These will be marked with pylons. Passing is only allowed with hand signals given from driver of vehicle being overtaken. Overtaken vehicle will slow and let vehicle pass safely on the left.
2.2 Windows of the driver and passenger door shall be completely up. If passing is permitted during the session the windows must be 3/4 up. If down, the use of window nets or SFI approved arm restraints by the driver (and passenger, if applicable) are highly recommended.
2.3 All sunroofs/ T tops must be installed and in their locked positions.
2.4 All convertible tops must be up and secured.
2.5 Red Flag - waved at all marshal stations and by the Starter informs all Drivers to safely & slowly proceed into pitlane, unless otherwise directed by the corner 11 marshal. Drivers shall be prepared to stop at any time.
2.6 Yellow Flag -In sessions with passing: The Yellow flag informs drivers of an incident ahead and to proceed with caution with no passing. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag. Once a driver passes the location of the final Yellow flag before a waving Green Flag, then they shall resume speed.
2.7 White Flag: In timed sessions with no passing, displayed at any marshal station including the Start/Finish post only when instructed to do so by the Clerk of the Course. It informs the Driver to slow down and make space from the vehicle ahead. The lap on which this flag is displayed will not be scored. Drivers are to proceed at a pace that creates safe space from the vehicle ahead, but does not slow the vehicle behind. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag
2.8 Black Flag - proceed to the pit lane, stop at the first pit stall as you enter pit lane and await instructions to be given to you by the clerk of the course.
2.9 Fueling is only permitted in the paddock area, not pit lane. All teams must have a fire extinguisher on hand during fueling.
2.10 Please ensure that you have adequate fuel for the day, it’s a 20-30 minute trip for fuel.
2.11 Clothing- competitors, passengers and crew members alike should wear long sleeved shirts, and shall wear long pants, fully enclosed footwear (no sandals, etc) while in pit lane or the track.
2.12 Motorized vehicles- ( ATV's, motorcycles, etc.) Drivers of such vehicles must obey pit speed limit (15 kph) and drive prudently. Pit Lane and the track are off limits to all such vehicles unless permission is given by the clerk of the course.
2.13 Impound - After your run group has finished it’s allotted runs for the day you will be directed to the impound for 30 minutes where your vehicle will be available for viewing by your fellow competitors- leave your car open for inspection. Do not move your vehicle unless directed to do so by the impound marshal.
2.14 Car Modification info - in impound competitors shall make available upon request by fellow competitors, the preparation (PIP) schedule and, if the relevant option (s) are taken dyno plots and curb weight measurement detail. Failure to produce those materials could be cause for inquiry.
2.15 Below stock HP dyno plots will not be accepted.

3.0 Timing and Scoring:
3.1 The start and finish lines are located directly adjacent to the starters bridge.
3.2 For Time Attack without Passing competitors maybe be divided into two or more run groups. Each competitor will have a total of 12 timed runs per day, 3 sessions on track each with 4 timed Laps each session. 

Spectators

Please note there will be a $10 /person fee, $20/carload for the weekend, which is good for the races the next day.

See you at the track!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 pm 

Anyone planning to attend, please send me a note by Friday if you'd like burgers or pulled pork. Our cook needs to get supplies to be prepared. Thanks everyone! Looking to be a great event!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:32 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Brian Partridge wrote:
Anyone planning to attend, please send me a note by Friday if you'd like burgers or pulled pork. Our cook needs to get supplies to be prepared. Thanks everyone! Looking to be a great event!

Veggie burgers? haha. I know it's not the norm for people, so I can bring my own if someone can cook them for me...as I'm not great with a bbq.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 pm 

Clayton Cole wrote:
Brian Partridge wrote:

Veggie burgers? haha. I know it's not the norm for people, so I can bring my own if someone can cook them for me...as I'm not great with a bbq.

Hooked up!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

What is parade lapping?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 pm 

Art F. wrote:
What is parade lapping?

Parade lapping is at lunch time folks can go around the track following a car in front, going relatively slow, and another vehicle following them. It's mainly for people who've never been around the track and want to see what it's like. They enjoy it though, last time everywhere you looked on Facebook there were AMP profile pics. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Just got hole from sea. I’d like to attend. Please give me a call if it’s not too late to register. My car isn’t ready but I don’t care :D
902-880-7071

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Rob Barker wrote:
Just got hole from sea. I’d like to attend. Please give me a call if it’s not too late to register. My car isn’t ready but I don’t care :D
902-880-7071

Register on the site if it will let you. Brian is the guy to talk to, need his digits?

#20 Scion FR-S 6MT Powered by:
Great North Performance, Morine's Towing Performance & Off Road, Jani-King Canada and Blue Buzzard Performance Parts.

2013+14+15 Atlantic Sports Car Club Overall Autocross Champion
2013+14+15 Atlantic Region Motor Sports Overall Autocross Champion
2017-18 BAC Overall Rallycross Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 pm 

Dev wrote:
Rob Barker wrote:
902-880-7071

Register on the site if it will let you. Brian is the guy to talk to, need his digits?

Thanks Dev, we've already been in contact!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Too late to register? I'd like to do the event tomorrow with the e30.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 pm 

Paul Machan wrote:
Too late to register? I'd like to do the event tomorrow with the e30.

You're good to go.
See you tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

I think i'm GT4 now, not GT3 that i submitted with the registration. NT01's apparently don't add pip's. is that something we can sort out in the morning?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:35 pm 

Greg Sweet wrote:
I think i'm GT4 now, not GT3 that i submitted with the registration. NT01's apparently don't add pip's. is that something we can sort out in the morning?

That'll cost you extra. :twisted: :lol:

We'll get it corrected in the morning. Mention it at registration.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:24 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Brian Partridge wrote:
Art F. wrote:
What is parade lapping?

Parade lapping is at lunch time folks can go around the track following a car in front, going relatively slow, and another vehicle following them. It's mainly for people who've never been around the track and want to see what it's like. They enjoy it though, last time everywhere you looked on Facebook there were AMP profile pics. :wink:

Cool. I might be able to convince my brother to try this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

I don't see event #2 posted yet, but put me down tentatively for lapping with Elvic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:49 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

All the info is on the new microsite: www.atlantictimeattack.ca. You can register for all events there.

2020 JCM 1st place

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:18 pm 

The sup regs will be posted soon, just have a couple details to sort out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:31 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Could someone please post the results from TA #1 please?

Great North Performance, Morine's Towing Performance & Off Road, Jani-King Canada and Blue Buzzard Performance Parts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:37 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Posted here: http://armsinc.ca/_armsinc.ca/forum/vie ... 70#p128270

2020 JCM 1st place

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:54 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Nickoli Roussakov wrote:

That's event #2