It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:24 am 
ARMS Performance Solo Director

ARMS Regional Time Attacks
Atlantic Time Attack Challenge (ATAC)

September 30th -October 2nd!

This event is sanctioned by ASN Canada FIA and will be held in accordance with the ASN Canada FIA SoloSport General Competition Rules, the 2016 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Regulations, these supplementary regulations, and any ASN Canada FIA bulletins or event supplementary bulletins.

This event will run rain or shine!

--Event Location--
Atlantic Motorsport Park

Directions: -
Take Exit 10 off Highway 102, and head into Shubenacadie (2.3km) -At the stop sign, turn hard right onto West Indian Road (watch for the sign: Indian Brook / Mill Village / McPhee's Corner) -Drive 2.6km, keep right (Look for the Motorsport Park sign) -Drive 2km, turn right onto North Salem Rd (Look for the North Salem / Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -After 2.6km, the road will change to gravel. Drive on gravel road for another 2.2km -Turn Right onto Race Track Rd (Look for the Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -Follow this road (1.2km) until you reach the Atlantic Motorsport Park gates
Check out AMP’s web site at http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com for more about AMP

--Event Officials--
Chief Organizer – Brian Partridge
Senior Steward - TBD
Clerk of the Course - TBD
Chief Registrar - TBD
Chief Timekeeper - Bluenose Autosport Club

Fees:

$250.00 for the whole weekend! Includes Friday September 30 Testing from 5pm-7pm, or when it gets darkish.
For one day entries it would be $175, so the best bargain is for sure make a weekend out of it!

$30.00 - Transponder rental

Transponders will be required for this event.
If you do not have you own they can be rented from ARMS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competitors, once you have submitted your payment (via PayPal) to treasurer@armsinc.ca please list the following below:

-Name
-Year/Make/Model/Color of car
-Class and Car #

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASN Canada FIA Self Tech Form is available
http://www.asncanada.com/2013-SoloSport ... p_Form.pdf

The following ASN Canada FIA National Regulations are available online:

National SoloSport General Competition Regulations
http://www.asncanada.com/2013-SoloSport ... GCR-EN.pdf

National Time Attack Regulations
http://asncanada.com/2014-ASN-Solosport ... ations.pdf

--Vehicle Classification Database--
http://www.casc.on.ca/time-attack/car-classification

--Event Schedule--

0800 - Registration opens
0850 - Marshals to stands / Drivers Meeting
0900 - Time Attack without passing Practice & Qualifying
0930 - Registration closes
0945 - End of Practice
0950 - Drivers Meeting
1000 - Time Attack without passing
1200 - Lunch
1300 - Drivers Meeting
1315 -Time Attack with passing begins, 30 minute timed sessions for the afternoon, unless some without passing needs to be finished.

Schedule the same for both days, however Sunday we are hoping for an earlier finish time pending participants thoughts. We must be off track by 5pm Sunday!!!

Supplementary Rules and Regulations:
1.0 These Supplementary Rules and Regulations, Supplementary Bulletins, the Event Schedule and event insurance will be posted on the official notice board.
1.1 All competitors must be a current member of an ASN Canada FIA recognized club or an SCCA recognized club. All competitors must have either a current TimeAttack/SoloSprint license (or equivalent as required by their Territory) or a current Regional/National Road Race license. These will need to be shown on request at registration.
1.2 All competitors and pit crew must sign the insurance waiver and wear the provided wrist bands at all times.
1.3 All competitors not familiar with AMP can receive a driver orientation session before driving on the track surface, by special request only, before the Drivers Meeting.
1.4 No speeding/reckless driving will be tolerated on the paved/unpaved roads leading to AMP. This applies to all competitors and their crews. If anyone is caught speeding or reckless driving the applicable driver will loose his or her fastest time of the day (second fastest time will be used for scoring)
1.5 Clerk of the course reserves the right to drop/alter sessions. If a run session is dropped for one group then all groups would drop that same run session.
1.6 Drivers Meeting - The organizer shall call all competitors to a Driver's Meeting prior to the start of the event. All competitors are required to attend this meeting.
2.0 No passengers allowed during timed runs
2.1 Safe passing zones during practice/ instructional periods will be between turns 6 and 7 and turns 11 and 1. These will be marked with pylons. Passing is only allowed with hand signals given from driver of vehicle being overtaken. Overtaken vehicle will slow and let vehicle pass safely on the left.
2.2 Windows of the driver and passenger door shall be completely up. If passing is permitted during the session the windows must be 3/4 up. If down, the use of window nets or SFI approved arm restraints by the driver (and passenger, if applicable) are highly recommended.
2.3 All sunroofs/ T tops must be installed and in their locked positions.
2.4 All convertible tops must be up and secured.
2.5 Red Flag - waved at all marshal stations and by the Starter informs all Drivers to safely & slowly proceed into pitlane, unless otherwise directed by the corner 11 marshal. Drivers shall be prepared to stop at any time.
2.6 Yellow Flag -In sessions with passing: The Yellow flag informs drivers of an incident ahead and to proceed with caution with no passing. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag. Once a driver passes the location of the final Yellow flag before a waving Green Flag, then they shall resume speed.
2.7 White Flag: In timed sessions with no passing, displayed at any marshal station including the Start/Finish post only when instructed to do so by the Clerk of the Course. It informs the Driver to slow down and make space from the vehicle ahead. The lap on which this flag is displayed will not be scored. Drivers are to proceed at a pace that creates safe space from the vehicle ahead, but does not slow the vehicle behind. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag
2.8 Black Flag - proceed to the pit lane, stop at the first pit stall as you enter pit lane and await instructions to be given to you by the clerk of the course.
2.9 Fueling is only permitted in the paddock area, not pit lane. All teams must have a fire extinguisher on hand during fueling.
2.10 Please ensure that you have adequate fuel for the day, it’s a 20-30 minute trip for fuel.
2.11 Clothing- competitors, passengers and crew members alike should wear long sleeved shirts, and shall wear long pants, fully enclosed footwear (no sandals, etc) while in pit lane or the track.
2.12 Motorized vehicles- ( ATV's, motorcycles, etc.) Drivers of such vehicles must obey pit speed limit (15 kph) and drive prudently. Pit Lane and the track are off limits to all such vehicles unless permission is given by the clerk of the course.
2.13 Impound - After your run group has finished it’s allotted runs for the day you will be directed to the impound for 30 minutes where your vehicle will be available for viewing by your fellow competitors- leave your car open for inspection. Do not move your vehicle unless directed to do so by the impound marshal.
2.14 Car Modification info - in impound competitors shall make available upon request by fellow competitors, the preparation (PIP) schedule and, if the relevant option (s) are taken dyno plots and curb weight measurement detail. Failure to produce those materials could be cause for inquiry.
2.15 Below stock HP dyno plots will not be accepted.

3.0 Timing and Scoring:
3.1 The start and finish lines are located directly adjacent to the starters bridge.
3.2 For Time Attack without Passing competitors maybe be divided into two or more run groups. Each competitor will have a total of 12 timed runs per day, 4 sessions on track each with 3 timed Laps each session.

Lunch
Working on this, hoping to have something on site, will post here and edit when worked out.

Spectators

Please note there will no gate fees for the weekend, however, there will be a waiver for everyone to sign.

See you at the track!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:50 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:17 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

-Name
Nick Roussakov

2014/Scion/FRS/blue

-Class and Car #
GT1 #86

2020 JCM 1st place

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:21 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Is it possible to EMT the funds for the event to the treasurer@armsinc.ca address? My paypal has been locked due to fraud and I can't unlock it from the look of things.

Also I am looking into booking the ferry today. Am I safe to do so, or should I wait for confirmation the event is going ahead as planned?

Thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:00 pm 

Go ahead and book, and if need be you can pay cash Friday night when you get here. I'm not sure on the EMT thing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:24 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Thanks Brian. Ferry is booked. See you guys next week!

-Name
Mike Hiscott

2013/Scion/FRS/White

-Class and Car #
SGT2 #80

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:41 pm 
1st Gear
1st Gear

-Name
Jeff Peters

2011/Subaru/WRX Sti/White

-Class and Car #
GT1 #66

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:21 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Mike Benjamin
1992 Nissan 240sx #21
SGT3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:40 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

-Name
Michael Ramsis

-Year/Make/Model/Colour of car
2012 Ford Mustang - White

-Class and Car #
GT1 #61

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:03 pm 
1st Gear
1st Gear

Name - Duncan Gillis

Year/Make/Model - 2015 Subaru STi

Class and # - SGT3 and Number 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:37 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Name - Mike B
Year/Make/Model - 1991 VW GTI
Class and # - T2 #84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:41 pm 

Thanks to all who has pre-paid, and signed up here. This makes it easier for Timing and Scoring to get started earlier Saturday morning.
Also, our caterer won't be there, however, there will be chili and brown bread served Saturday. Folks not fond of chili may want to consider taking something else. I heard chicken burgers on Sunday!
So, if you're planning to enter, let me know! Either on here or via email rallyzed@gmail.com

Thanks! Should be a fun weekend!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:42 pm 

Brian Partridge
1993 Mazda Miata
#97 GT4.

Last edited by Brian Partridge on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Brian,

If we make changes to our classing based on tire choice before the weekend, is it easy enough for you to update our classing? I'm narrowing down tire options now and could remain in SGT2, as indicated above, or move up to SGT1 or down to SGT3.

Tks,

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:05 pm 

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem. Some are planning to switch tires between events (morning in 1 class, afternoon in another because of tire availability), so it shouldn't be an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:32 am 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Where can I find the current PAX factors that we will be using for this event
?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:36 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Andrew sweet. Silver frs. Gt3 #92

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:55 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Nickoli Roussakov wrote:
-Name
Nick Roussakov

2014/Scion/FRS/blue

-Class and Car #
GT1 #86

Correction: I'm SGT3, not GT1 as previously indicated.

2020 JCM 1st place

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:09 pm 

Thanks to everyone who attended and helped out! Great weather Saturday followed by wet on Sunday. A great opportunity to learn in the wet.
Also great representation from all of the Atlantic Provinces, nice to see.
Hopefully we can make it happen again next year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:16 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Great event! Easily the most fun I've at yet at AMP.

The Friday evening test and tune was a great addition to the weekend. Saturday the conditions were great and allowed for some quick times! Finally into the 17s! Sunday was initially intimidating with the heavy rain, but was a great learning experience once I had a bit of a hang of it.

Thanks to all the organizers and marshals, as well as the safety services.

Special shout out to the Partridges for great food, scoring, and helping me get the car sorted after a mechanical issue.

Thanks to the tow/recovery guys for once again bringing me back to safety after getting stuck out on the track with a broken car lol. Hopefully these services aren't required in 2017 :)

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and helped me get an axle change sorted out in record time on Saturday. Too many folks to name there. You know who you are!

Also big up to Nick for quickly dousing out an engine compartment fire I had on Sunday, and Joel for lining up a source of a replacement oil feed line. Also Brian for driving me to collect it.

Finally thanks to Scott for providing a place to stay!

I'll try to get some video up in the next week. Can't wait for next year.

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Glad you where able to come Mike!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:03 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Great event! Special thanks to the Partridges and all the marshals and other personnel who made the event possible.

Here's a couple onboard videos of my best laps each day.

Day 1: dry conditions, lap time 1:18.02, the constant tire squeal from my cheap-ass Firestones is hilarious! :orglaugh:

https://youtu.be/oHu7rKAGvOQ

Day 2: wet conditions, lap time 1:22.62, a whole 4.6 seconds slower than the dry but faster than anyone else that day. :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/dmRGV1ptaUw

I still have to compile a "fails" video with clips of my less glamorous moments. Will post that at a later date. :oops:

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR