The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aug 1 Lapping
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:17 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Great day on Monday. If anyone has some pics or vids they could share from lapping it would be good to see.

Post subject: Re: Aug 1 Lapping
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:07 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Kathy and Graham Gardiner wrote:
Great day on Monday. If anyone has some pics or vids they could share from lapping it would be good to see.

Video is uploading. Will be available above once it is done. (My internet is even slower than I am around AMP)

Comments:
My new autocross setup does NOT work at AMP! The big rear swaybar made it want to constantly drift... So I left all the electronic aids on and practiced being smooth. Every time the aids came in I knew I was rather going "too fast" or wasn't being smooth enough.

I also had an issue with rubber building up on my tires (Hoosier R7s) I was going at a reasonable pace and got the tires up to temp but it just kept building up more and more. The car shook both in corners and on the straights. Next time I will be bringing a smaller rear bar, my pyrometer, and a little more ambition to get everything dialed in.

#20 Scion FR-S 6MT Powered by:
Great North Performance, Morine's Towing Performance & Off Road, Jani-King Canada and Blue Buzzard Performance Parts.

2013+14+15 Atlantic Sports Car Club Overall Autocross Champion
2013+14+15 Atlantic Region Motor Sports Overall Autocross Champion
2017-18 BAC Overall Rallycross Champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:23 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Great event. Big thanks to Bill, AFRA, and the marshals.

Also kudos to Dev for driving all the way home & back from AMP to pick up a spare part to help a fellow FR-S driver in need. It was long drive too.

Personally, I only got a dozen or so laps in before I developed a leaky brake line, so I had to end my day early. Still, I good shakedown for the upcoming Time Attack.

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:38 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Dev wrote:

Video is uploading. Will be available above once it is done. (My internet is even slower than I am around AMP)

Comments:
My new autocross setup does NOT work at AMP! The big rear swaybar made it want to constantly drift... So I left all the electronic aids on and practiced being smooth. Every time the aids came in I knew I was rather going "too fast" or wasn't being smooth enough.

I also had an issue with rubber building up on my tires (Hoosier R7s) I was going at a reasonable pace and got the tires up to temp but it just kept building up more and more. The car shook both in corners and on the straights. Next time I will be bringing a smaller rear bar, my pyrometer, and a little more ambition to get everything dialed in.

More speed will fix that build-up problem your having. Hopfully once you switch out the rear bar it will help. What pressures are you running and make sure your rear toe isnt toed out. I have seen people fight cars at the track before thinking it was them, or a new part, just to find out they had a bit of toe out.

AX-1995 Honda Civic CX FSP
RR-1995 Honda DelSol VTEC GT4
2009 Canadian Solosprint Champion.
ARMS Race Director. Race@armsinc.ca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:08 am 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Scott McIntyre wrote:
Personally, I only got a dozen or so laps in before I developed a leaky brake line, so I had to end my day early. Still, I good shakedown for the upcoming Time Attack.

Ummm....Scott...if turn 9 was any indication of your lapping rust I would suggest a few more sessions as quick as possible !! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Even with a mechanical failure midway through the day, Monday was great fun! I do have some videos which I'll have to go through soon.

Thanks to all the organizers and as Scott said earlier, major props to Devon. He saved my hide big time with a spare part I needed to get back home to NL. I can't thank you enough Dev!

Even with the car breaking at 1:30, I was still able to get 65+ laps in. Good times!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:35 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Joel N wrote:
Dev wrote:

Comments:

More speed will fix that build-up problem your having. Hopfully once you switch out the rear bar it will help. What pressures are you running and make sure your rear toe isnt toed out. I have seen people fight cars at the track before thinking it was them, or a new part, just to find out they had a bit of toe out.

Pressures were mid 30s, tried high 30s but didnt change anything. More dampening helped stabilize the car, but it would still get loose anywhere in a corner really easily. I'll double check my toe in case it shifted, but I always have it set to 1/16th toed in.

Great North Performance, Morine's Towing Performance & Off Road, Jani-King Canada and Blue Buzzard Performance Parts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Anyone else get pictures of video?