ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 pm 
ARMS Vice President
ARMS Vice President

This event is sanctioned by ASN Canada FIA and will be held in accordance with the ASN Canada FIA SoloSport General Competition Rules, the 2013 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Regulations, these supplementary regulations, and any ASN Canada FIA bulletins or event supplementary bulletins.

This event will run rain or shine!

--Event Location--
Atlantic Motorsport Park

Directions: -
Take Exit 10 off Highway 102, and head into Shubenacadie (2.3km) -At the stop sign, turn hard right onto West Indian Road (watch for the sign: Indian Brook / Mill Village / McPhee's Corner) -Drive 2.6km, keep right (Look for the Motorsport Park sign) -Drive 2km, turn right onto North Salem Rd (Look for the North Salem / Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -After 2.6km, the road will change to gravel. Drive on gravel road for another 2.2km -Turn Right onto Race Track Rd (Look for the Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -Follow this road (1.2km) until you reach the Atlantic Motorsport Park gates
Check out AMP’s web site at http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com for more about AMP

--Event Officials--
Chief Organizer – Debbie Miller
Senior Steward - Taylor MacArthur
Clerk of the Course - Jason Smith
Chief Registrar - Charlotte Partridge
Chief Timekeeper - Bluenose Autosport Club

--Registration payment at treasurer@armsinc.ca .
Fees:
$160.00 – no passing Time Attack - includes lapping
$200.00 - Time Attack with passing - includes lapping
$60.00 - for lapping sessions only
$50.00 - race car practice

Racers pre-registered for the Sept 22/13 ARMS race, then 50% off (Per driver)

ASN Canada FIA Self Tech Form is available
http://www.asncanada.com/2013-SoloSport ... p_Form.pdf

The following ASN Canada FIA National Regulations are available online
National SoloSport General Competition Regulations
http://www.asncanada.com/2013-SoloSport ... GCR-EN.pdf

National Time Attack Regulations
http://www.asncanada.com/2013-SoloSport ... ations.pdf

--Event Schedule--

0800 - Registration opens Time Attack
0830 - practice & qualifying
0900 - timed sessions begin
1200 - Registration opens Lapping
1300 - Lapping (20 minute sessions, )
1400 - Registration opens Time Attack with passing
1500 - Time Attack with passing practice & qualifying
1600 - last Lapping session of the day
1630 - Time Attack with passing 30 minute timed session (scored on best 5 laps combined)
1700 - 1 hour race car test & tune
(all times are approx)
******There will be marshals on the stands so no need for participants to work*****

Supplementary Rules and Regulations:
1.0 These Supplementary Rules and Regulations, Supplementary Bulletins, the Event Schedule and event insurance will be posted on the official notice board.
1.1 All competitors must be a current member of an ASN Canada FIA recognized club or an SCCA recognized club. All competitors must have either a current SoloSprint license (or equivalent as required by their Territory) or a current Regional/National Road Race license. These will need to be shown on request at registration.
1.2 All competitors and pit crew must sign the insurance waiver and wear the provided wrist bands at all times.
1.3 All competitors not familiar with AMP can receive a driver orientation session before driving on the track surface, by special request only, before the Drivers Meeting.
1.4 No speeding/reckless driving will be tolerated on the paved/unpaved roads leading to AMP. This applies to all competitors and their crews. If anyone is caught speeding or reckless driving the applicable driver will loose his or her fastest time of the day (second fastest time will be used for scoring)
1.5 Clerk of the course reserves the right to drop/alter sessions. If a run session is dropped for one group then all groups would drop that same run session.
1.6 Drivers Meeting - The organizer shall call all competitors to a Driver's Meeting prior to the start of the event. All competitors are required to attend this meeting.
2.0 No passengers allowed during timed runs
2.1 Safe passing zones during practice/ instructional periods will be between turns 6 and 7 and turns 11 and 1. These will be marked with pylons. Passing is only allowed with hand signals given from driver of vehicle being overtaken. Overtaken vehicle will slow and let vehicle pass safely on the left.
2.2 Windows of the driver and passenger door shall be completely up. If passing is permitted during the session the windows must be 3/4 up. If down, the use of window nets or SFI approved arm restraints by the driver (and passenger, if applicable) are highly recommended.
2.3 All sunroofs/ T tops must be installed and in their locked positions.
2.4 All convertible tops must be up and secured.
2.5 Red Flag - waved at all marshal stations and by the Starter informs all Drivers to safely & slowly proceed into pitlane, unless otherwise directed by the corner 11 marshal. Drivers shall be prepared to stop at any time.
2.6 Yellow Flag -In sessions with passing: The Yellow flag informs drivers of an incident ahead and to proceed with caution with no passing. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag. Once a driver passes the location of the final Yellow flag before a waving Green Flag, then they shall resume speed.
2.7 White Flag: In timed sessions with no passing, displayed at any marshal station including the Start/Finish post only when instructed to do so by the Clerk of the Course. It informs the Driver to slow down and make space from the vehicle ahead. The lap on which this flag is displayed will not be scored. Drivers are to proceed at a pace that creates safe space from the vehicle ahead, but
does not slow the vehicle behind. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag
2.8 Black Flag - proceed to the pit lane, stop at the first pit stall as you enter pit lane and await instructions to be given to you by the clerk of the course.
2.9 Fuelling is only permitted in the paddock area, not pit lane. All teams must have a fire extinguisher on hand during fuelling.
2.10 Please ensure that you have adequate fuel for the day, it’s a 20-30 minute trip for fuel. ASCC will have some fuel available on site, but not a lot.
2.11 Clothing- competitors, passengers and crewmembers alike should wear long sleeved shirts, and shall wear long pants, fully enclosed footwear (no sandals, etc) while in pit lane or the track.
2.12 Motorized vehicles- ( atv's, motorcycles, etc.) Drivers of such vehicles must obey pit speed limit (15 kph) and drive prudently. Pit Lane and the track are off limits to all such vehicles unless permission is given by the clerk of the course.
2.13 Impound - After your run group has finished it’s allotted runs for the day you will be directed to the impound for 30 minutes where your vehicle will be available for viewing by your fellow competitors- leave your car open for inspection. Do not move your vehicle unless directed to do so by the impound marshal.
2.14 Car Modification info - in impound competitors shall make available upon request by fellow competitors, the preparation (PIP) schedule and, if the relevant option (s) are taken dyno plots and curb weight measurement detail. Failure to produce those materials could be cause for inquiry.
2.15 Below stock HP dyno plots will not be accepted.

3.0 Timing and Scoring:
3.1 The start and finish lines are located directly adjacent to the starters bridge.
3.2 Competitors will be divided into two or more run groups. Each competitor will have a total of 12 timed runs per day, 3 or 4 sessions on track each with 3 or 4 timed runs per session.

These events do not count toward any club or regional points.

ASCC member since 1972

Last edited by Debbie Miller on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

"2.5 Red Flag - Used to inform ALL drivers to slow down immediately, to first gear speed, and proceed to nearest marshal station and await further instructions."

Just wish to confirm this as correct, I've never seen this done for cars before.

-I

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 am 
ARMS Performance Solo Director

Debbie Miller wrote:
Time Attack with passing 30 minute timed session (scored on best 5 non-consecutive laps combined)

Care to explain this one?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 pm 

Brian Partridge wrote:
Debbie Miller wrote:
Time Attack with passing 30 minute timed session (scored on best 5 non-consecutive laps combined)

OK, it's been explained to me at the meeting tonight. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Hi just wondering if you could post the link for on line payment thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Does the time attack with passing rate include the earlier non-passing session, or is it an extra 200 to participate in the "with passing" session?

Also wondering about some items in the sup regs that differ from the 2013 national rules. Specifically, the yellow flag for slow vehicle ahead, as well as the "window 3/4 up or all the way down". Looks like a carry over from some sup regs from 2010 (copy/paste)?

I messaged Debbie last week but haven't heard back yet.

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:30 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Brian Partridge wrote:
Brian Partridge wrote:
Debbie Miller wrote:

OK, it's been explained to me at the meeting tonight. :wink:

Care to pass on this wealth of knowledge?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

"2.2 Windows of the driver and passenger door shall be completely up or completely down. If down, the use of window nets or SFI approved arm restraints by the driver (and passenger, if applicable) are highly recommended."

So how do you indicate that it's ok to pass?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:00 pm 
ARMS Secretary
ARMS Secretary

Luc Sipkema wrote:
Debbie Miller wrote:

OK, it's been explained to me at the meeting tonight. :wink:[/quote]

Care to pass on this wealth of knowledge?[/quote]

This statement was not really correct. You are scored on your best 5 laps, period. They can be consecutive laps, but do not have to be so if you are slowed by another driver, you could regroup for another fast lap later on in the session.

'01 DHG Mustang Bullitt #16
'22 Golf R

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:57 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Ian Pearce wrote:
"2.5 Red Flag - Used to inform ALL drivers to slow down immediately, to first gear speed, and proceed to nearest marshal station and await further instructions."

Just wish to confirm this as correct, I've never seen this done for cars before.

-I

Still looking for a wee bit of clarification on this one.......

Personally I would drop this line from the regs, and go with our usual proceedure of return to pitlane, however someone of an official capacity needs to make that ruling.

-Ian

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am 
ARMS Vice President
ARMS Vice President

Jason will be able to reply to your rule's question Ian.

I just edited the T/A SR&R's to show where you can send your payment for any of these Sept 21 events:
treasurer@armsinc.ca........ make sure you show which event you are entering.

I also removed the reference to "non-consecutive" laps for scoring the T/Awp. My intent was to make sure that everyone was aware that these laps did not have to be consecutive.

Also, we're having a potluck dinner that evening and ASCC has offered to feed the marshalls as a thank you for helping out with this event. I know this adds another day to the workers schedule and we really appreciate your help. ASCC has also offered to buy an ARMS AGM banquet ticket to be drawn for on Sat, all you have to do to get entered for the draw and have dinner is to help marshal on Sat Sept 21.
Thanks again everyone!!

ASCC member since 1972

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:22 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

I really want to participate in this historic event. So, working on it. :orgshifty: See... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12505

Derrick C.

2010 Mazda 3GT
2003 KLR650

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:54 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

What time are racers (for Sunday) allowed to park at the track? I was guessing after 5 but wanted to check

AX-1995 Honda Civic CX FSP
RR-1995 Honda DelSol VTEC GT4
2009 Canadian Solosprint Champion.
ARMS Race Director. Race@armsinc.ca

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:33 pm 

Ian Pearce wrote:
Ian Pearce wrote:

Personally I would drop this line from the regs, and go with our usual proceedure of return to pitlane, however someone of an official capacity needs to make that ruling.

-Ian

Agreed, we will continue with our standard procedure of having the cars proceed slowly into pitlane, unless otherwise directed by the corner 11 marshal.
Sorry for my late response, just got back to the land of the internet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Jason Smith wrote:
Ian Pearce wrote:
Ian Pearce wrote:

-Ian

Agreed, we will continue with our standard procedure of having the cars proceed slowly into pitlane, unless otherwise directed by the corner 11 marshal.
Sorry for my late response, just got back to the land of the internet.

Very good, normal Red Flag proceedure. Hope your trip was grand.

-I

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:02 pm 

It was. I gotta say the single lane highways in NFLD are far superior to what we have in NS. Passing lanes galore.... and they are LONG. Made the trip across the island very enjoyable.

Oh and visiting family was nice too..... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:06 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Jason Smith wrote:
It was. I gotta say the single lane highways in NFLD are far superior to what we have in NS.

Jason...we DON'T have single lane highways in Nova Scotia anymore...we have lost and forgotten stretches of god awful crumbling pavement that serve as great tarmac rally routes....maybe? 8O :P

Glad to hear the trip was well done with no encounters of the hoofed kind.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:39 pm 
I just tried to pay for the event with paypal and it would not recognize treasure@armsinc.ca, and would not let my payment go thru. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:50 pm 
Problem fixed. Typo error on my part. Oops. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

2003 Buell Firebolt XB9R 1:19.6 around AMP Shubenacadie.
2009 Yamaha R1 1:21.7 around AMP Shubenacadie.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:29 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Awesome day today! Thanks to the committee for getting it going, and the marshalls for working the stands.

Absolutely enjoyed the time attack with passing. Getting to follow equally paced cars at speed was a fantastic learning experience. I was worried I'd be a moving pylon out there, and it wasn't the case. Set a new fast lap time for me today (1:27.43). The battle wagon will get new front pads this week, then off to the Regional Slalom in Moncton next weekend.

Life is good!

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Really enjoyed the day great bunch of drivers and organizers was wondering if the results have been posted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 am 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Unofficial results for the Time Attack with no passing. Sorry for the delay.

PositionClassNameVehicleBest RunPAF AdjustedPoints
1T3Brent O02 Subaru TS87.42676.935100.000
2T3Michael M03 Sentra Spec V87.46276.96799.959
3T1Derrick C92 BMW 325 IS85.14776.97399.951
4T2Dave H10 VW Golf86.74977.38099.425
5SGT3Luc S92 RX 781.44878.51697.986
6SGT2Jonathan C02 WRX81.33379.38196.918
7GT1Jordan M97 BMW M384.05180.01796.149
8GT3Graham G01 Mazda Miata86.75980.51295.557

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:13 pm 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Unofficial results Time Attack with passing
PositionClassNameVehiclebest2nd3rd4th5thTotal Best 5 RunsPAF AdjustedPoints
1T3Brent O02 Subaru TS87.77287.86287.99888.09688.301440.029387.226100.000
2T3Michael M03 Sentra Spec V88.05288.19188.58888.72888.780442.329389.25099.480
3SGT3Luc S92 RX 781.99682.18682.40482.41082.454411.450396.63897.627
4T1Derrick C92 BMW 325 is88.22788.57588.62488.76288.857443.045400.51396.682
5SGT2Jonathan C02 WRX82.44182.54082.59982.72882.887413.195403.27896.019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:41 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Did anyone get some pics of the time attack sessions? I'd like some shots of Mike and I(Green Impreza and Silver Sentra Spec V). There were a few laps where we were likely to be in the same frame during the second time attack.

2007 Mustang GT
Kentville