ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:35 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

I know nothing about Steam (except that I had to download it to buy the newer version of RF2 that I could use to run around AMP virtually) ...but now I’m getting this email:

Quote:
Hi there! Our records show you own a license for rFactor 2 and that you might not have migrated this license to Steam yet.
View this email in your browser

Full Steam ahead for rFactor 2!
Hi there!

Our records show you own a license for rFactor 2 and that you might not have migrated this license to Steam yet.

Rest assured, your license will remain valid and you will be able to keep playing rFactor 2. It does however mean that you will not get any future updates to rFactor 2, including the free on-line access, since those are only available to if you migrate to Steam.

Our offer to migrate to Steam for free runs until the January 31st, 2017 which is why we're reaching out to you now. If you want to migrate, all you need to do is to fill out this form and we will e-mail you a Steam key: https://commerce.rfactor.net/steam-transfer-form

Once you've done that, you need to install the Steam Client here: http://store.steampowered.com/about/ Then you can follow these instructions to activate your product on Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TFBN-1352

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate e-mail us at support@studio-397.com or post in our support forum at: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php? ... pport.138/

Thank you for all your support - we look forward to seeing you soon.

Studio 397

If this email legit and it's something I need to do, i'd feel a lot more comfortable going through the program than responding to an email ...but there is nothing showing up on RF2 about it?

Thanks
Stacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:43 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Looks legitimate. Steam is a digital distribution platform, think iTunes for Games. Once you move your rFactor registration over to there it will handle all your updates/reinstallations/etc through Steam. Lots of small to medium game companies use its platform rather than build their own.

You should just be able to create an account on SteamPowered.com and follow their page for moving the license over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

Thanks! So I followed through with it and it just came back that the steam key has already been assigned ...which makes sense as I bought RF2 through Steam I guess?

Thanks Gord!

Stacy