ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:20 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Can't wait for the fixed version, I'll have to get my hands on rfactor to test it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:16 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Ya.. I might have to buy another wheel/pedal setup if this keeps getting better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Put a link to V0.99 in the first post. Unless someone points out something significantly wrong (other than elevations), this is the version that will be uploaded to no-grip for general public consumption as version 1.

Version 2 with corrected elevations is well underway, with about 1/3 of the track surface remeshed to match the survey data. Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:57 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Does this look any better in terms of the elevations? Still lots to do, including cleaning up the edges, but the track elevations and track width should be quite close now. A lot of the walls and trees have been moved in closer as well to match what is shown by google earth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 am 
ARMS Performance Solo Director
ARMS Performance Solo Director

I like how the whistle blows off as you enter the pits incorrectly. lol :orglaugh:
Pretty good, IMO!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Very cool..... I gotta look into getting this...

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan (More hp than the Mustang!)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

Well done! What a tool (the sim not you :wink: ) for improving skills in the off season!

Let us know when you release this, and I'll take a stab at trying to convert it to rfactor2 (seeing that's the version I mistakenly bought)

Thanks
Stacy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:36 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Getting closer... the magic bus is there:

PS anyone have a good picture of the JC monument?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:29 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Decided to release what there is at the moment. http://www.mediafire.com/download/luslh4i9o79v6fg/AtlanticMotorsportPark_Jan3_2014_release.zip. Link was also updated in the first post. This version includes the corrected elevations and some tweaks to the paddock and surrounding scenery. The AI should be good enough to give a reasonable race. And of course this should work online if someone wanted to host a race and invite a few people. :wink:

A video of the new version can be found below (should be uploaded in a couple hours... the car is the FBMW mod by IDT).

There is still more I'd like to do, like putting in some of the more significant bumps, better textures for the track surface and some of the surroundings, etc, but that will be a few months in the making and possibly require a visit to the track so the current release will give you something to play with this winter between clearing snow.

Also there are likely still glitches that I didn't catch (seems every time I drove it there would be a bad seam, stretched texture, a weird shadow, or a tree hovering off the ground), but nothing that should prevent enjoying it.

BTW still taking requests if there is anything you'd like to see. Still don't have a picture of the "VIR-like" tree Stacy. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:02 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

Sweet! ...and yes I even asked George if he had a picture of the tree :wink:

Thanks
Stacy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm 

Very impressive Ken!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:52 am 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

I've been trying to convert this rFactor file of AMP to rFactor2 so that I can use it, but it is going take more time than-I-got-to-give to get it working...

Any takers? I can gift some iRacing money for services rendered :lol:

Thanks
Stacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:47 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Would anyone use this if it worked in Assetto Corsa? I managed to get it to load. It looks rough and it's a long way from playable, but it was in there. Does anyone know Blender enough to help converting it? I'm doing a bit of learning as I go.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:15 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

This would be wicked for Assetto. Do want.

Edit - Props to everyone putting time into this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:29 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

The boys both have AC and would like a to see it ported. I wouldn't mind a copy of it either.

I haven't touched Blender since the last version of the track was uploaded. Also don't know anything about building a track for AC. Don't think I have time to take on another project right now, but can give anyone that wants to take on the conversion any of the files I have for the rfactor version.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

This is the perfect example where a mod of the game can actually make or break the decision to buy a game.

If this either gets into rFactor 2 or AC, heck even pCARS, lemme know.

Edit: On a sidenote, anyone checked if it could be converted to iRacing?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:54 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

I don't think it'll get to pCars anytime soon although I'd like it to work there myself. rFactor 2 might be the easiest. I may try that as an experiment. I've gotten AC to load with it, the car comes in crooked and keeps replacing itself in the pit location after a few moments. It's progress though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:02 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Martin Brideau wrote:
On a sidenote, anyone checked if it could be converted to iRacing?

iRacing cannot be modded.

And as much as we'd love it, you'll never seen them come scan AMP to add to their service. It just wouldn't make good business sense. It's a backwoods track that nobody knows about and it's too small / bumpy / narrow for half the cars on the service. They'd never sell enough copies to cover their development costs. :(

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:31 am 
1st Gear
1st Gear

Is anyone still working on AMP for AC?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:02 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Not in a couple months, but I haven't abandoned the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:07 am 
1st Gear
1st Gear

Well I still have a high level of interest in the project and although I'm not the most computer handy guy if there's anything you think I could help with I'd be happy to try and lend a hand :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:03 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Good news everyone... the conversion of the track from RF to RF2 was fairly straight forward. Have the previously released version of AMP running in developer mode in RF2. Needs a little tweaking, but was able to drive a Skip Barber around and the AI seemed to be taking reasonable lines around the track (turning 1:15s). Have to figure out how to package it up so it can be used online, but hope to have that done before the new year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:49 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

I might owe somebody some iRacing money :roll:

Next step ...this needs to be linked into Gord's AMP website!

S.Chapman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:33 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

AMP version 0.04 0.03 0.02 0.1 for rf2 can be found at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6P2K- ... FVEMnB3MTg

(V0.03 without real road can be found at)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6P2K- ... lNrOHNzU0E

Just put the AMP_v04.rfcmp file into your packages folder (for me this was
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages )
In the RFlauncher click on the content icon (open box) and in the list there should be AMP (hit refresh if don't see it at first).
Select AMP in the content list and click on the install button.

In single player mode with the "all tracks/all cars" selected, you should see Atlantic Motorsport Park as an option with a single layout. There should also be an AMP folder in the locations directory (eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\AMP_V03)

This is astraight conversion of the rf1 version, that was posted here in January 2014, so there are a few bugs at the moment:
- the conversion script uses the Joesville track as a template and there are a few places where the Joesville oval shows up in icons and images
- the rf1 loading screen is still used instead of the newer rf2 style loading screen
- the AI seem to work in Practice but not in Qualifying and Race (will look into this shortly, but for now at least you can turn some laps in practice)
-AI now work in all sessions, even do a reasonable formation lap. They still have the odd quirk but can have a reasonable race with them )at least with the couple mods I tried). V0.03 Tweaked AI, added a blocking line
- not sure if it can be used online yet. If I understand it right the AMP.rfcmp has to be bundled with the cars it is to be used with online in a Mod. Don't think this is difficult to do (the tools to combine cars and tracks in a mod are included with rf2). For further info see http://imagespaceinc.com/downloads/rf2/ ... torial.pdf
- there is a feature called "real road" in rf2 that models the changing track surface that is not used has been implemented in V0.04 (required changes to the road materials used in the track model).
- no animated marshals (only the garage guy is animated), starter , and pit exit official. Removed the start light. Left the pit exit lights because the pit official isn't very effective.
-moved the pit exit line back to the starters bridge
-paved most of the paddock.

I've only tried the skip barber and a Spec Miata mod so far. Both cars seemed to be loose, but they also did at LRP. However with a bit a setup tweaking I was down to 1:22 in the SM, the faster AI were doing 1:18s in practice, so seemed about right. :mrgreen: (FWIW 1:05s at LRP vs 1:07 in real life). Shift points were similar at AMP.

Not sure how much time I'll have to work on this after this week so if anyone wants to have a go at sorting it out just let me know so we aren't duplicating efforts. And if anyone tries it and has things to add to the bug list please post them here.

Last edited by Ken MacKay on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:21 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Update posted above. Started looking at the real road shader stuff to get a dynamic track surface. Changing the track materials isn't that difficult however some of the textures need to be rotated and scaled. Biggest issue is that need to separate the track surfaces from other surfaces which might take a bit off effort. Will give it a try this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:25 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Downloaded rFactor 2 today just for this.
Really cool being able to drive AMP in a sim
Thanks Ken!

MMSC #12/ASP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:37 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

Pretty cool eh? So realistic that I still tend to miss the turn-in point into 11 just like in real life :roll:

Great job Ken!

S.Chapman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:04 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Glad you guys are enjoying it.

Version 0.04 posted above. This one includes "real road" which is kind of cool (and one of the big differences between rf1 and rf2). What it does is provide for changes in the track surface as conditions change. This can be the track rubbering in (ie. can start a race weekend with a green track and it forms a groove depending on what lines the cars are taking), wet/drying conditions, and marbles. The video below shows what happens when there is a shower at the start of a race (the real road timescale is set to 10X so the transition from dry/wet/drying happens over just a few laps). Somewhere in the settings you can tell it to save the track condition so you don't have to start with a green track every time (would be better for training).

BTW That's about all I can work on the track for now. If someone wants to continue with it please feel free, and if there is anything I can do to help someone get started just let me know.

https://youtu.be/IeOV5qlg_Mc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Oh man, that looks great! Awesome work!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR