ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:47 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

These are not SM specific but should apply to any Mazda competing. Contingency document and request form found at the link below.

https://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayRacerStoryView?source=STORY&uniqueId=10662&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&button=y&utm_source=Copy+of+Copy+of+Newsletter+Sept+16%2C+2016&utm_campaign=MM+eNewsletter+12012015

Quote:
In an effort to continuously improve, we surveyed and spoke with our customers to learn what adjustments we can make to provide more value to them as a whole. The overwhelming feedback was to pay deeper into the field and to better reward those who beat more competitors.

• For 2017, Mazda will often pay for fourth place finishes and sometimes as deep as fifth.

• To earn full contingency, our racers will have to beat four competitors, among other requirements (e.g., Mazda 22” decals have replaced the MAZDASPEED 26” decals).

• Based on paying deeper (i.e. paying more competitors and many more total submissions) along with other Mazda requirements, we need to receive the contingency documents timely (within 45 days of the race).

With many adjustments to the contingency program, our racers will need to closely read the document (first PDF link below). You’re encouraged to call our competition parts department (800-435-2508) for any questions you have before your season begins.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:21 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Cool. Lets do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Really. No reply. Do we have to have 5 cars so someone can beat 4 to collect in full? Do we all have to be in the same class? Fill us in big boy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm 
ARMS Race Director
ARMS Race Director

The way I understand it it`s up to the racer to enroll themselves with Mazda and it doesn`t matter make of car you finish in front of but the more you beat the more you get.

2RHRACING

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:06 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Yes, that's the way I understood it as well. It was up to the driver to enroll with mazdamotorsports and ensure they met all the contingency requirements (go read the documents given the link posted)*. Also it doesn't have to be an all mazda series, it just has to be a Mazda car (if look in the documents they list a bunch of classes, not just SM).

However I'm trying to get confirmation that this would apply to the ARMS events (either TRAC, SM, Solo, autoX). The documents list SCCA, NASA, and a few other series. Spoke with customer service at Mazda motorsports in the US, but the person I spoke with wasn't sure it would apply to Canadian series. Trying to track down the right person to ask. It may be that the series organizers have to make arrangements with Mazda in order for the series participants to be eligible. If anyone has info on who to contact or how this works please let me know.

*Did find out that the suit patch is only $2.80 (on sale now for $2) and the 22" Mazda decals are only $6.25 (on sale $4.45) USD each (need 3 of them). Bad news is that they don't ship to Canada anymore (according to the customer service person it apparently something to do with customs), so either need a freight forwarder or someone with a mailing address in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:23 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Thanks man. Keep us posted.