The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2014 Championship
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:32 pm 
ARMS Performance Solo Director
ARMS Performance Solo Director

Well, first off, Congratulations to Aaron Pettipas for winning the 2014 Toyo Tires Spec Miata Championship! A hard fought battle all year, and a well deserved win! Congratulations Aaron!
This series this year was one of the most controversial I have ever seen, right down to the final race. Drama both on and off of the track. I personally wasn't involved with any of it, and prefer it that way. I feel I can still go and have a friendly conversation with anyone at the track, and I plan to keep it that way. :D
Also, I want to congratulate Michael Adams too, he is a very fast driver, for sure! Someone who came here for the first time, set pole position the first weekend, set a track record for Spec Miata the second weekend, made the series very interesting, and even right up to the last race, starting in pit lane, and making his way up to 2nd, is a great accomplishment! However, we all know about the downfalls there, and I would just prefer not to hear about those here as the past is in the past. Michael was here to win, and he gave it his all, maybe too much at times, but he certainly played his part in stepping up the level of driving (and stewarding) in the series! :wink:

For myself, I set a new personal best in May, however, I am further away from the leaders than I was last year, so, although I did better, I actually have fallen back. Next year, I hope to do better for Mitch and myself, and worry less about what everyone else is doing, and THAT is easier said than done, especially this year. Show up, arrive and have fun, and stay out of the politics. I'm on a diet starting AFTER the JCM. :wink: :roll: :orglaugh:

Also, highlights for us this year, car 78, was having Paul Machon and Aaron Pettipas drive our car, it showed us that the car is capable of more (which we knew), and also that the car is down in power (which we weren't sure about), but those 1.8's could haul a** on us, all 3 of them! Next year :twisted:

Post subject: Re: 2014 Championship
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:21 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Well said Brian. A little upsetting as I had spent a long time typing practically the identical thing. Except for the last bit. I,m not going on a diet. Personal congrats to all in miata. It was nice knowing you. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:30 am 
1st Gear
1st Gear

Last edited by Alwaysmosport on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:30 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

That's not entirely true. That's what this site is known for. Sometimes it's hard to sell a car on here without getting sh!t on. Don't feel too centered out. There have been previous individuals that have taken harder knocks than you. That's why the jcm smack talk, even if it seems childish and redneck to some, is such a breath of fresh air, but I knew it couldn't last. Now were back into the same old negative grind. Hopefully everyone has said their piece and we can all move on.