ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:58 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

This is a serious post. I think based on the action in spec miata this year and the final race approaching, with the two top drivers TIED in points , It is a promoter's dream to have this situation as a way to promote not only the series, but racing at AMP in general. Plus I'm sure any spectators that decide to take this race in WILL NOT be disappointed. I myself may choose not to race and watch from the tower. I don't run things here but please give it a thought. Also with no disrespect, please keep this thread, if it developes into one , positive, with helpful ideas. For starters, a simple ad on kijiji explaining the situation and the outcome of a first place result would go a long way. Just a thought. A golden opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Promo!

Everyone who shows up at AMP in a Miata gets in free?

What do we need to make this happen?

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:57 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Sounds cool, not really what I had in mind though. Just getting the word out and trumping up the situation of a tied series that probably has the largest prize attached to it in the maritimes. Little hype couldn't hurt. We actually have something substantial here that people may be interested in if they knew it was happening.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:08 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Radio comes to mind if you need quick access to the local general public. Put an add on the weather channel, people love to watch that stuff.
Your right....hype it up!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:40 pm 
I know Jenn had floated the idea with some of "The Powers That Be" of putting together a Mazda Owners Corral a few weeks ago, but hadn't gotten much feedback from them.
She wanted to model it after the corrals we've been to at Lime Rock/Watkins Glen/Road Atlanta etc.

The way they normally work is, special priced admission, designated prime parking (in our case, she had suggested the grass on turn 3), a bit of a lunch, hopefully some Mazda logo prizes, and parade lapping as a brand group.

Not sure if we'd still have the time, but, it was something she is trying. She set up an event on the Maritime Mazda's facebook group today. All of the "extra's" are still up in the air.

*Edit: Oh, and Brian, don't sit it out to get a better view. If we are drawing people out to see the Spec Miata battle, we want the biggest field possible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Sounds like a plan. How can we get the whole thing out in the public domain without costing an arm and a leg. I'm not much for social media, this site and kijiji is about it for me. Some of you social media butterfly's must have some sort of networking strategy. Just a simple clip of a race video, some pictures, a small write up about the series contenders, the top two tied for points going into the last race, duking it out for the largest prize perhaps in the maritimes, with a brief description of what that prize is. A bit of American style fanfare. Done up in a tidy little package that could be in the form of a you tube video, kijiji ad, news paper ad, or a simple flyer. I am limited to kijiji style ads due to the fact my only resource is a $65 android tablet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:30 am 
Looks like the Corral is a go. A package for admission and parade lapping has been agreed on. Mills Mazda in Truro will be supporting it, details TBD, and we're using our MOCO (Mazda Owner Corral Operations) contacts in the US to approach Mazda Canada for support.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:56 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Good stuff, nicely done. I will include mention of the corral promo in my ad. I guess it would be best to check to make sure both of our championship leaders plan to race the final race, and if anyone as any race footage and photos I could use , as well as permission from Blu and Bruce to advertise the race. Any of the above reading this please pm me with your answers to the above questions. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Brian Bent wrote:
Good stuff, nicely done. I will include mention of the corral promo in my ad. I guess it would be best to check to make sure both of our championship leaders plan to race the final race, and if anyone as any race footage and photos I could use , as well as permission from Blu and Bruce to advertise the race. Any of the above reading this please pm me with your answers to the above questions. Thanks

I have photos I can lend you, just put my name by them. Email me at jenn.harrie@gmail.com.

Apex Rotorsports #7 1986 RX-7
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (Toy)
2012 Subaru WRX (Daily Driver)
1988 Mazda RX7 Convertible (turbo) (Project Car)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:43 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Thank you miss.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:12 pm 
Occurs to me this may not have been updated.

Corral is a go, with support from Mazda Canada, Mills Mazda, Dairy Queen/ Orange Julius, the Spec Miata Drivers Association and ARMS.

There will be some prizes, food (Jenn plans to do some Bar B Que.) Details can be found in the public version of the Facebook invite here if the link works:
https://www.facebook.com/events/4611856 ... r=upcoming

(The other Facebook group requires being a member of another group.)

Should be a decent turn out for a first time event.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

I've tied the corral in the race weekend ad. Would like to thank Kevin and Ken for the Video work. Although a bit subdued due to the uncertainty of the weekend the ads are going to surpass what I had hoped for. They are cruising up to 1000 views.