The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's up ???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Hmmm...I have noticed that more then a few Spec Miata drivers are selling their cars sooooooo...what new cars have you guys got in your garages that you are bring out to race ???

Post subject: Re: What's up ???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:56 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Kevin, with any race series competitors come and go as it is part of the evolution of building a series. We are proud the series car count has grown every year. Toyo Tires has signed for 2015 and we are working very hard behind the scenes to continue the growth of this very competitive, economical and best bang for the dollar grass roots race series.

So yes, competitors might be selling cars either to upgrade within the series, move to another series or just decide to do something else. Regardless, anyone who has raced in the series can truly say it is the most fun, yet competitive, with a gauge to measure their ability as a driver in a spec series. At the end of the day, that is priceless !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:12 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Dave Hull wrote:
For those missing posts they are archived elsewhere.

Positive productive posts only, please.

Sheeesh...I must have missed something !! :?

I was hoping to hear that everyone was selling to perform an upgrade
and if so what new equipment had come into the province...usually the nature of competitive racing
is to always be improving the sheet metal. Makes for new picture opportunities.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Robert, no disrespect intended but you are not a participant in the series and should not be trying to 'explain' things as if you were.

Edit: The preceding doesn't make sense any more, as the post it was responding to has gone missing. But I think you get the drift! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:53 pm 
How is it possible that this topic even exists when an outsider asked about all the cars being for sale? Can't people let him know why 1/3 want out?
As I stated in my respectful and honest post, I have talked to more than one owner of a vehicle who is selling it. I echoed their opinions. Have you considered that part of the reason they cars are for sale is also why they don't post?
How the hell do you people expect to attract anyone besides your own offspring into the race scene when you are continually snubbing them?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Ummm... I think the original poster actually asked what new cars everyone had in their garages. And I guess no one wanted to say right now.

So sorry if you felt snubbed, but I thought your response was a long way from what was originally asked for. And I didn't think the question was directed to the general non-Spec Miata racing population, but I could be wrong.

Edit: BTW, I had nothing to do with the various posts going missing. Just sayin'. :?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:55 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Personally IMO, the reason why someone is selling their race car is none of anyone's business except the person selling it and the potential buyer that is truly interested in buying it. There are literally MANY different reasons....probably none of which the pundits here seem to think.

For 4 years now the Toyo Tires Spec Miata Championship has experience excellent growth and awesome competition. This year we have experienced some tight situations. These situations are getting dealt with and will get sorted. Next year the series will get ever better. We are working on that too.

If you must know why I am selling my car let me clear the air. I have been competing here for 22 consecutive years now with well over 400 races. I own 3 race cars. I promised people that I would help create the TTSMC and did just that. The series is well underway now. I told some people in private that this year will be my last full-time year racing. I still plan to race some events in the future, just not every race. I wish to reduce the fleet and figured that my Miata would be the easiest to sell of all 3. I was hoping that someone within our Region would want my car as it truly is a great working Miata. Anyway someone does want it, however it is now gone to Newfoundland to race in Targa. Perhaps one day the new owner may bring it back here to race.

There. Now you know. It had nothing to do with current issues. I hope to own another SM car in the future...

GT4 - 93/2000 Mazda Miata
GT5 - 89 Suzuki Swift GTI
GT6 - 86 CRX
ITE - 88 Camaro 1LE
ITA - 89/90 CRX Si
ITB - 85 Civic 1500S/89 Suzuki Swift GTI
ITC - 85/86 Civic
SM - 93/2000 Mazda Miata
Targa NL - 88 CRX Si
Rally Sprint - 95 Del Sol VTEC
Unlimited - All of the above!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:19 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Hmmm...it would appear that more then a few people have their shorts in a twist over this particular thread. Please forgive me as I have made an error by posting in this "Racing" discipline as I am not an actual race car driver or owner. I will endeavour not to post anymore content regarding this particular Race series.

PLEASE...will someone remove this "WHAT"S UP" thread and stick it in the archives with the others ????

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Don't worry about it Kevin. It's the nature of the beast, arms site that is. I'm sure your post was innocent in nature. Ask all the questions you want.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

(Meant in jest, I actually have this decal and I post more than just about anyone. :) )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Brian Bent wrote:
Don't worry about it Kevin. It's the nature of the beast, arms site that is. I'm sure your post was innocent in nature. Ask all the questions you want.

Yes kevin, your post was innocent enough. It was some of the posts that were removed from this thread that concluded why some cars were for sale.

GT4 - 93/2000 Mazda Miata
GT5 - 89 Suzuki Swift GTI
GT6 - 86 CRX
ITE - 88 Camaro 1LE
ITA - 89/90 CRX Si
ITB - 85 Civic 1500S/89 Suzuki Swift GTI
ITC - 85/86 Civic
SM - 93/2000 Mazda Miata
Targa NL - 88 CRX Si
Rally Sprint - 95 Del Sol VTEC
Unlimited - All of the above!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:40 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

The perception of my post is irrelevant; but the response from ARMS, the racers and the "behind the scenes" dodgers is what brought me to conclude that this post was most unwelcome in this topic of Spec Miata Racing.

BTW...
I discuss issues in open public forums....unlike the “lurkers” that hide behind their positions of authority as an excuse not to reply to their members who put them in those positions.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO “ARCHIVE” THIS POST.