The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Standings?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:57 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Not trying to stir up any controversy here (because I know there have been some difficult issues to deal with scoring-wise), but where are the official results and standings for our series kept?

It's just a friendly inquiry.....I have no ax to grind at all with the officiating (in fact, I'm very appreciative of their efforts to deal with it all), I'm just curious to know what is what.

Are the individual race results shown on Mylaps 'official'? If so, I can pretty easily figure out the points standings on my own. But I haven't bothered to do that because I think maybe there is a separate set of 'official' results being kept somewhere else that I don't know how to find.

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Standings?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

They're posted here as soon as I receive them: http://www.specmiatachampionship.com/?page_id=411

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:13 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

But are those the 'official' ARMS-sanctioned standings? And the disqualification from round two still stands? There was a rumor going around that it had been changed... means nothing to me either way, I just want to know for sure what is going on.

Just an aside, the page you pointed to is a round behind. But you knew that already. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Yes I did. :)

I guess it depends whether or not you're talking the 'SMC Championship' or the ARMS SMC Class. Or if they're the same or different. :)

I'm going to bow out now, my head hurts and I just run the website. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Thanks to Dave Hull for posting up-to-date standings and results on Mylaps. I'm going to treat these as the 'official' standings unless someone tells me otherwise.

Incidentally, it seems that the controversial disqualification I mentioned earlier was changed to a lesser penalty. No biggie to me, but I bet a headache for the organizers to sort out for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 am 
ARMS Performance Solo Director
ARMS Performance Solo Director

Andy Mitchell wrote:
Thanks to Dave Hull for posting up-to-date standings and results on Mylaps. I'm going to treat these as the 'official' standings unless someone tells me otherwise.

Incidentally, it seems that the controversial disqualification I mentioned earlier was changed to a lesser penalty. No biggie to me, but I bet a headache for the organizers to sort out for sure.

Careful Mitch, Bruce also has up-to-date standings, and they differ from Dave's slightly. I had done up standings as well for Spec Miata on Monday following the July race on a piece of paper, and mine are the same as Bruce's. But, there might be a rule involving the penalties that we're not aware of, or it's a typo. I'll send Dave a message and see which ones he thinks are correct. :wink:

Also, on Daves for the Unlimited series, there's something fishy with Brian Gay's points.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Now posted on the SMC website.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

What? there are points awarded for finishing position?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Official or Unofficial standings? Although the posts here elude to the standings posted on the series website as now being official (the scorecard type image), the scorecard title clearly states "...- Unofficial Results". I'd like this clarified please.