The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Although tires and some brakes help a lot, I would like to thank everyone that helped me with the setup of the car as well as myself. Much appreciated. Almost getting to the point of concentrating on putting in some smooth laps.

Post subject: Re: Thank you!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:19 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

You looked like you were having a wicked fight with #61. Very entertaining to watch!

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Entertaining to watch? you should be in the car. That's what I go racing for. Doesn't matter to me if I'm at the front or back of the pack, as long as you've got someone you trust to duke it out with in the corners. Took me back to the Acura days. Only downfall is , where I'm doing the " Ironman " schedule this year, I don't have enough time to go over and thank my fellow competitor for the pure joy. Good times this weekend. Note, "Ironman" is the intellectual property of Brian Partridge and cannot be used without legal consent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

You looked really good out there, especially when dueling with the VWs.
Great job avoiding 54 when he stumbled coming out of 2 in the second GT race, btw.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:22 pm 
ARMS Performance Solo Director
ARMS Performance Solo Director

Brian Bent wrote:
Note, "Ironman" is the intellectual property of Brian Partridge and cannot be used without legal consent.

:orglaugh: For those that don't know, Brian Bent is doing all of the SM races, and the GT-A and GT-B races this year, therefore, he goes out in the GT-A, GT-B and SM qualifying, GT-A, SM-1, GT-B and SM-2 races all before lunch yesterday. I went down to talk to him after the SM-2 race to say good job for racing so close, without any contact, and he's still in his car, with a 4 Liter water jug, half gone, still un-wanting to get out of his car. Likely a little shaky. CRAZY! But great job, huge improvements, and great results! 1;20.8or 1:20.9 I think I saw in the SM-2 race for your times! Great job! 7 green flags all before lunch time, hat's off to you! Thus the "Ironman" status he has achieved! 8O

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Thanks guys for the kind words. If no one is racing anyone else it is boring for the spectator. Same thing if your in the race car. That Brian P , he's just the best. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:41 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Brian, just so you know, if you are running in the GT series, you can run as a GT4 car (ITA) and as such can remove your restrictor plate. I did a 1:19.00 in that car without the plate.im sure with a better setup and a better driver than me, there is another second.

GT4 - 93/2000 Mazda Miata
GT5 - 89 Suzuki Swift GTI
GT6 - 86 CRX
ITE - 88 Camaro 1LE
ITA - 89/90 CRX Si
ITB - 85 Civic 1500S/89 Suzuki Swift GTI
ITC - 85/86 Civic
SM - 93/2000 Mazda Miata
Targa NL - 88 CRX Si
Rally Sprint - 95 Del Sol VTEC
Unlimited - All of the above!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Yeah good one. With a better driver? I would have to sell the car for that to happen. Remember I'm a day older than dirt. I will never live long enough to be better than you. I did notice quite a difference between the stock intake versus the cold air last month. There are four or five of us mid pack SM . Looks like a happy place. I am very content to be there. In GT l'm with most of the fours. Never be fast enough to be with Joel or the BMW's , so looks like the place to be there as well. Maybe some mods for the JCM. Thanks again for all the help.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:31 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

I really dont think it would take much for a Miata like yours to run mid 16s. Better tire, maybe a small cam. But outside of that. Just strip the hole car down. They are pretty quick cars. Just limited by the SM rules. Look at the ones state-side running ITA or some of the 2.0L and under classes. There fast. I bet there is 1 second, just by putting 225/45/15 Nitto NT-01 tires on them. Just a heads up. There a fast tire if anyone ever gets a chance to try them there great.

Brian you did a great job this weekend. You just needed to warm back up to racing.

AX-1995 Honda Civic CX FSP
RR-1995 Honda DelSol VTEC GT4
2009 Canadian Solosprint Champion.
ARMS Race Director. Race@armsinc.ca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 pm 
5th Gear
5th Gear

I wish I had read your post on my setup for brakes question more than once. You were right, breathe on the pedal and instant lockup. Although they were 100 % better than last month, I never felt confident with the brakes. One issue that has to be sorted out. Combination of too much initial bite and stock pads on the back just hitching a ride is my guess. My budget is shot to hell but I think I am going to switch again. I think you were spot on in your comments. Didn't think brakes would give me so much grief. The Acura, bed in metal masters on Sat. , stand on them all day Sunday, Do the same next race weekend. Obviously I'm not going that route but seemed pretty simple.