ARMS Homepage
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2020 ARMS rally workshop
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:41 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Hello all,

The 2020 ARMS rally workshop will be held Saturday, November 21 from approximately 12:30-2pm at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Truro NS. It will be held in person as well as online via Google Meet. For those wishing to attend in person, there is a 50 person limit so please pre-register by contacting Sonia Meadows at rally@armsinc.ca. The AGM booklet with last year's workshop minutes and this year's agenda may be found here: http://www.armsinc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/arms-AGM-Booklet-2020-Final.pdf

The Google Meet link is https://meet.google.com/tmi-mwyq-rax

The online meeting may also be joined via phone, please use the above contact email to request the phone link. For those joining the meeting online, please use your given name so we know who is attending.

Any questions or items to be added to the agenda, please send those along to the above email.

Cheers, Sonia
ARMS navigational rally director

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:30 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

I received an email recently from Pete Gulliver of the Peterborough Motorsport Club in Ontario who is organizing a motion by various clubs to present a set of rules for allowing Side by Sides/UTVs into RallyCross events. Can we add a discussion point to the agenda to talk about this and whether we want to support their position?

(This would be for RallyCROSS only, not RallySprint or Performance Rally in any form)

I can provide the suggested rule set either before hand and I'll have copies on hand at the workshop.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:23 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most UTV's/SXS considered road legal in Ontario? That might be how they're trying to get it past CARS and insurance providers. It would be a different story here considering the CARS rules say it must be "street-licensable"

However, I would still be interested to read their proposal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

They can be street legal, registered / plated, and insured here in NB. I've driven one through a neighbourhood where other people were washing theirs and waving on my way to a trail. There is A LOT of them around. It's a big community of potential competitors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:37 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

They're not getting around it now for RallyCross, thats why they want the rules added so they can be run. A UTV group (Nothing to do with CARS) ran essentially a rallycross at the same facility and got really good numbers so they want to open the options.